𝟐𝟖. 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐚𝐠𝐞 𝐜𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐞𝐭

the weather had been shaky all day. rain off and on. but dave and vanessa knew that the boys had to play. the braves were in town today, and the boys loved playing them, especially freddie.

in the clubhouse, the team chatted for a moment as they didn't know if their start time had been pushed back.

"so, how was everyone's day?" mookie said, breaking the silence.

"mine was good."

"okay."

"i found a wallet with 50 dollars in the street today." justin said with a smile.

"was it soaked from all the rain?" cody asked. justin shook his head yes.

"did you turn it in?" vanessa said

"no." justin admitted.

"can't you get arrested for that?" freddie asked

"i dont know," vanessa shrugged.

"this is LA, you can get arrested for anything." trayce said. the boys in the room nodded in agreement.

"well why didn't you turn it in?" she asked

"oh come on, you would've kept it." trea said.

"do as i say, not what i do." vanessa crossed her arms, leaning on a locker.

"what are you gonna do with it?" cody asked.

"oh i dont have it, i took the money and ran." justin said.

"justin!" vanessa shouted, "maybe i should bench you."

"no don't do that."

"i might." at that, dave walked in the room with news about the game.

"normal time, we might have to stop later, but hopefully its not too bad." dave told them. they nodded and grabbed their things for the game.

⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

vanessa curled up in the corner of the bench. her body shaped into a ball hiding under the overhang to just barely avoid the rain. most of the players didn't care about the weather, and still hung over the railing.

despite the rain, both teams were playing well. it was back and fourth the entire game.

during the 8th, there was yet another opportunity for the dodgers to get up. they had a lot of chances with runners in scoring position, but missed many of them.

a man on third, and trea stepping up to the plate. already two outs, so a sacrifice fly wouldn't do.

for the first time during the game, vanessa let up from her cove and joined the players on the railing.

"nice of you to join us." will said as vanessa stood next to him

"of course." her eyes squinted slightly in the rain.

"oh come on just send him home." chris mumbled on the other side of the vanessa.

"you could send him home?" vanessa questioned him.

"on a good day," he answered honestly.

"well hopefully trea is having one of those days." she said.

they watched as he took a few pitches.

finally, deep left field. the ball carried back, back, and gone. the dodgers were up by two, for the first time in the whole game.

the crowd roared as the shortstop rounded the bases.

"atta boy!"

"hey good ball!"

"way to bring us back."

the dugout cheered on their teammate as he came back to the bench.

"good hit there, shortstop." vanessa said as he slipped his gloves off at the end of the dugout.

"why thank you." he answered, placing them in his cubbie.

she stood up, and gazed around to see who was watching them. she grabbed his hand and pulled him into the hall, then to the storage closet.

"there aren't any cameras in here, by the way." she said as the two were cramped into the small room.

"good." he said, placing his hand on her cheek.

she pulled him down into her lips, which weren't to far from his. he glided his hand from her cheek to the back of her head, and ran his fingers through her long blonde hair.

her hand around his neck pulled him closer and closer towards her. she backed further and further until there was no space between her and the wall.

he lifted her up, with now her legs wrapped around his waist and her back to the wall, all while never letting go of her lips.

he moved down her neck and across her collar, pushing back her opened jersey.

they moved quickly, as they did not want to be caught after just coming back.

somehow, vanessa's top managed to make its way onto the floor.

as for the rest, things that probably should never be done in a storage closet.

but that's what always happens, isn't it?