𝟒𝟐. 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐛𝐮𝐜𝐤𝐬 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲𝐨𝐧𝐞

vanessa told mookie everything. absolutely everything. obviously he was not expecting to hear what he heard, but he definitely was not expecting that from trea.

he was honestly shocked that vanessa would even let cody get that close to her, considering they were arguing like every ten minutes. but since the three had spent the day together, mookie had never seen cody this patient. he kinda wished that cody would act like this all the time because it kept vanessa in a good mood.

mookie tried to stay indifferent to the situation because he hadn't heard anything from trea. he could tell that the other two were annoyed at him, but he really didn't want to pick sides between his friends.

he saw trea trying to talk to cody during the game, but cody wasn't being very receptive whatsoever.

mookie managed to catch trea after their game as the team was leaving. he managed to pull him away from the rest of the group and trailed behind.

"hey, how've you been?" mookie asked.

"i've been better."

"i heard about what happened."

"oh." trea looked down at his feet. he was really trying to not think about it during the game, but when 8/9 of his last ab's were strikeouts, something was obviously up.

"can we talk about it?"

"i guess." trea sighed. he didn't really want to, but he understood that he needed to.

"what did you say to her?" mookie asked.

"god i don't even know. i was a dick, i can tell you that." trea told him. "it's not even what i said, i meant all that. it's how i said it, i got so pissed i couldn't even take a second to listen to her. like obviously she's upset with me for good reason, but like she also needs to realize that this effects me too."

"are you gonna talk to her?"

"i need to give her space. there's a hell of a lot of things i'd like to say, but i know i can't right now." trea said. "does she wanna talk?"

"i don't really  know."

"what do you mean you don't know, you've been with her all day."

"she wants you to listen."

trea paused, "i love her, mookie."

"i know you do."

"you have no idea."

"i don't." mookie placed his hand on the shortstops shoulder "but she loves you."

"i know she does."

"you have no idea, trea."

⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

for someone who was so bad at sleeping in  hotels, trea slept like a baby. maybe it's because his dreams was the only place he could actually talk to vanessa, which sounds a lot more pathetic when you think about it.

that was unless she was mad at him in his dreams too.

his eyes shot open, and gazed over at the digital clock on the nightstand. everything was fine up until now.