𝟏𝟖. 𝐛𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐢 𝐝𝐚𝐲

"d wants you in his office," max said cracking open vanessa's door.

"okay, thanks max." vanessa put down her coffee and headed off to see what her boss had wanted. she opened the door to his office and sat down at the chair across from his desk.

"carr! nice to see you," he smiled.

"you as well, whats up?"

"i wanted to talk to you about something, i think you should know ahead of time."

"oh okay," vanessa was confused and slightly worried.

"i've been really thinking about the future of this team, and i think next year the team, and the fans might want to see you as their manager."

"like, just me?"

"yes," roberts sighed, "i believe that you have this kind of chemistry with the team that really carries on and off the field."

"so you want to retire?" he nodded.

"just think about it for a bit okay, let me know. i haven't told any of the boys so keep this to yourself."

"okay, thank you for telling me."

dave smiled and sent her off. as vanessa walked down the hall, she felt as she had one of the heaviest weights on her shoulders. in the hall, she ran into trea, who quickly noticed that something was up.

"hey, you okay?"

"yeah, just have a lot to think about right now." she sighed.

"is everything good?"

"mhm,"

"can you maybe tell me what's going on?"

"no i cannot, if i could i would."

"why cant you?"

"not allowed to talk about it,"

"oh"

"you'll know soon."

"okay?"

"why are you up here anyways?"

"i came to find you so i could tell you that we were done with our drills."

"okay great. i was just coming down to check on you guys. there's pizza in the clubhouse."

"did you buy it?"

"of course i did,"

"you're the best."

"i know!"

trea placed a kiss on her cheek as he noticed that no one was around to see them. when they went back into the clubhouse, they saw that the rest of the team had already found the pizza.

"i see you guys have helped yourself." vanessa said looking at he boys with pizza shoved in their mouths.

"we figured it was for us." justin shrugged.