𝟎𝟖. 𝐦𝐨𝐧𝐢𝐜𝐚 𝐥𝐞𝐰𝐢𝐧𝐬𝐤𝐲

vanessa was in her office, writing what felt like an endless amount of emails as the boys were taking bp. cody had walked into her office looking for a snack.

"cody, i was just gonna call you down here." she said as he opened the drawer where she kept her snacks  for the team.

"'sup?" cody asked, opening a protein bar.

"you're out of the lineup today." she sighed.

"do you have some kind of problem with me?" he snapped at her.

"cody you're making no contact!" she justified.

"you're forcing me, let me do my thing!"

"cody i tried. i tried to help you! you're so god damn stubborn!" vanessa shouted.

"i'm trying to fix it but you're just being a fucking bitch about it constantly! can't you just let me figure things out on my own, for christ fucking sake."

"excuse me?" she raised an eyebrow, cody realizing what he had just said. "get the fuck out of my office and go home, bellinger."

at that, he left. storming out and slamming the door behind him. she wasn't sure why he lashed out so much. she wondered if she was being too hard on him. then again, he was batting .209 and not doing anything to improve. mookie had walked in as he saw cody storm down the hallway, not saying a word.

"is he okay?" mookie asked pointing at the door with his thumb.

"he'll manage." she replied, getting back to her emails.

"what happened?"

"i told him he wasn't playing tonight" she shrugged.

"why not?"

"the man is batting .209, making this many adjustments." she held up a zero with her hands.

"oh,"

"every time i try to help him, he just gets upset and ignores me."

"just take it easy, ness. it's probably something else on his mind." mookie suggested. gavin and trea walked in looking incredibly confused with what was happening.

"can i ask why cody is going around calling you a 'fucking cunt'?" asked gavin.

"you've got to be kidding me." vanessa groaned.

"yeah, then he just left." trea added.

"thank god."

"what did you do to him?" trea questioned.

"she took him out of the lineup." mookie replied.

"why?" asked gavin. vanessa flipped her laptop around with stats for cody's last 25 games.

"ah,"

"so now he's acting like a teenage girl. i told him to go home."

"fair enough." trea said.