𝟏𝟒. 𝐛𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐡𝐝𝐚𝐲 𝐚𝐭 𝐡𝐨𝐦𝐞

the morning of june 30th, trea's birthday. vanessa had completely forgotten, making her the worst not girlfriend girlfriend ever.

her only idea at the moment, was just to text him

message from
trea turner
______________

ness carr
happy birthday trea vance turner

trea turner
thank you vanessa lynn carr

ness carr
can i speak my truth

trea turner
of course

ness carr
since the first time i met you, i knew
you were different. you always showed
me something no one else ever had. i
cant begin to explain how you have
quite literally changed my life. i am
forever grateful for you and everything
you've done for me.

trea turner
i am going to cry

ness carr
good

trea turner
you're mean

ness carr
yes i am

dodger stadium was packed for the game. almost a full house. roberts was out in the dugout while everyone else was waiting to go out in the clubhouse. "how are you guys feeling?" vanessa asked the room.

"nervous." gavin was honest. they were playing the astros for the first time this season. they had been tearing up the american league. this was the first time she had seen her team genuinely nervous.

"of course we have to start game 1 against verlander." cody sighed.

"he's so good." added max.

"you guys have no reason to be nervous." vanessa argued, "you're all professionals, you get paid way too much money to play this game. i have plenty of faith in you guys, take each pitch at a time and worry about what's going on in that moment.  just keep that ball in play. that's all you can do."

they all smiled a bit, anytime vanessa tried to make them feel better, it always worked. "you're right, there's no way were intimidated by some old dude who pitches just as good as any other guy we've faced. let's show em' whos boss." trea continued.

vanessa laughed, "sure!"

"yeah!"

"bring it!"

"lets go!"

"come on boys!"

shouting continued as the amped up boys stood up from their seats. as it was time for them to head to the field, they all gave each other fistbumps and highfives.

everyone was walking out with trea and vanessa trailing behind the group.

"you're so motivational," vanessa laughed.

"oh shut up, you have to be nice to me, its my birthday y'know." he sighed

"speaking of, are you free tonight?"