𝟑𝟗. 𝐢'𝐦 𝐬𝐨 𝐬𝐨𝐫𝐫𝐲.

quiet nights at trea's house were vanessa's favorite. they would always sleep over each others house after day games, and this time they'd been staying at trea's.

vanessa was curled up in trea's arm as the two watched some star wars movie that he forced her to watch. he said that her life would change after seeing it, but she was hardly watching.

vanessa would ask about a million questions instead of actually watching the movie. every few minutes she would go on her phone until trea would yell at her to pay attention. she'd put her phone back down, but pick it back up again sooner rather than later.

"i'm giving you an actual phone break while i go to the bathroom." trea said, pausing the movie and sitting up from his laied back position.

"whatever." she sighed, rolling over to the other side of the bed. vanessa scrolled on her phone for a few moments while he was gone. vanessa crawled out from under the comforter and took some of tread clothes to change into, considering she was still in her jeans from the game.

she switched her top for one of trea's, specifically one that he had just gotten back from her.

as she vanessa was changing into a pair of trea's sweatpants, the door opened revealing her boyfriend on the other side.

"i see you've helped yourse-" he stopped as he looked down at the legs of the girl and noticed assortment of marks and burns on the inside of her thigh. vanessa's face grew pale and cold as she froze. "what the fuck is that." he recognized what it was immediately.

"uhm." her voice cracked as she obviously was holding back tears. "i didn't.. im sorry."

"you didn't what. you didn't want me to know? you could tell your boyfriend who cares so much about you that you've been fucking burning yourself all this time. you have got to be fucking kidding me right now." he was pissed.

she didn't say anything. she stood there waiting. waiting for him to say what she wanted him to say.

"how long."

she didn't reply.

"vanessa tell me how long you've been doing this." his tone made her more uneasy than she already was. she'd never seen him like that. not even when she got suspended.

"i don't know... a couple weeks." the tears she was holding back began to trickle down her face.

"weeks? vanessa lynn carr you've been burning yourself for weeks? and you haven't bothered to tell me? i don't know what your problem with communicating is but i suggest you figure it out soon."

she was still waiting.

"do you understand how much this affects me? jesus christ have you thought about anyone else?"

"no..." she said. "i haven't."

he stared at her and watched the tears fall down her face. her shaking breaths barely getting out of her. he didn't know what to say or do.

"why would you do that to yourself. i don't understand. everyone loves you so much. i love you so much." his voice remained angry and stern as he spoke to her, but his eyes flooded with a different emotion.