𝟑𝟒. 𝐛𝐢𝐠𝐠𝐞𝐬𝐭 𝐟𝐚𝐧

"why am i always stuck with you?" vanessa said abruptly. it was quiet in the dugout, the dodgers were taking bp before their game.

"i don't know, it's like we work together or something." trea said sarcastically.

"aren't you supposed to be mashing baseballs right now?" she said, trying to focus on her paper.

"i already did, i'm done." he said, grabbing his water off the shelf directly above vanessa.

"already?" she questioned

"yes, already." he squirted the water bottle into his mouth. trea then proceeded to spray the water onto vanessa. she hardly got wet, but it was enough to piss her off.

"trea!" she yelled. "what the hell!"

he laughed at the distraught girl.

"it's not as funny as you think it is." she snarled and crossed her arms.

"to you it's not. to me it is." he smiled.

"man, i was gonna let you lead off tonight."

his smile turned to disappointment, "wait no i wanna lead off."

"well too late now. you ruined your chance." she went back to writing on her clipboard.

"no please babe i'm sorry."

"dry me off then."

"ness your hardly wet."

"do you want to lead off?"

trea looked around the dugout for something to dry her. he knew that she would yell at him if he used one of the sweaty towels that were lying around. he spotted one of those mini fans that would also spray water. he took it and sat next to vanessa, holding the fan towards her jersey.

she turned to look at him and smiled, kissing his cheek.

"thanks," she said.

"of course my love."

"stop being cute."

"what?" he said innocently. "i didn't do anything."

"you're just cute. stop it."

"hey ness, guess what?"

"what?" she asked.

"i'm you biggest, fan." he joked nudging the fan at her slightly.

"oh my god shut up trea."

he laughed at his own joke, "do i get to lead off now."

"well i was gonna let you, then you made that joke. now i'm reconsidering."

"you have high standards for your lead off." he said.

"exactly, mookie knows the rules. and he follows them." vanessa said.

"are you implying that i'm a rule breaker?" he crossed his arms.

"trea you're dating your manager." she said.

"well that would make you a rule breaker too."

"i never claimed to be a rule follower."

"how can you make rules for other people, then go break other rules?"

"dont you have to go be stupid somewhere else?" she slammed her clipboard down on her legs.

"not till 7"

"very funny trea. go shag balls. before i lose my sanity." he sighed and dragged himself off of the bench, then giving her a kiss.

a/n: idk if this is even worth posting but whatever