𝟓𝟑. 𝐬𝐜𝐚𝐫𝐞𝐝

giancarlo missed vanessa of course.

as vanessa entered luce and aaron's place, she found him sitting on the couch with a half crushed bottle of water in his hand.

"ness!" he cried as he noticed the three walk in. he sat up and went over to hug the girl.

as he pulled away from the embrace, he noticed her puffy eyes and pale skin. "holy fuck what happened? who am i beating up? is it trea? because you know i'll beat his skinny ass to the ground if i have to."

"no, no g, it's nothing to do with him." she muttered.

"it's a long story, i'll fill you in later." luce said, shutting the door behind her. "do you want some water? or some food?"

"not hungry." vanessa replied. she laid down on the couch and took a pillow and held it over her face.

"i'll get you water." aaron insisted as he headed over towards the kitchen.

"i don't want any."

"you're getting some." he argued back. vanessa lifted the pillow off of her face to see and rolled her eyes.

aaron placed the cup of water beside the girl. she inspected the cup from a distance. "is this tap water?"

"no it's not." she hesitantly took a sip.

"so how did you end up back here?" giancarlo interrupted. the girl stared blankly at the large man across from her. "should i not have asked that?" he muttered looking up to see luce above vanessa, shaking her head.

"family." she mumbled into the cushion of the couch.

"just visiting?" he continued.

she faintly nodded to the question, as she didn't want to go into detail about the situation.

"g is it your turn to stop talking?" luciana snarked, turning to hand vanessa the remote.

"i'm really confused."

"exactly, so if you don't know what's going on, don't make comments." said aaron.

"is there-" he began. "actually nevermind." giancarlo stopped himself, for possibly the first time ever.

"let's watch a movie," luce suggested. "you can pick." she sat down in the corner where vanessa's feet were curled, leaving luce a spot.

"i'm fine." ness insisted.

"we need something to distract you, at least for a bit." luce continued.

"id rather just nap or something." she muttered halfway into the pillow.

"you can sleep in our room." aaron said. vanessa faintly nodded and got up as aaron led her to the bedroom. she looked almost sickly as she followed the giant.

once she laid down in bed, she was completely out.

as her eyes slowly woke up after what felt like only an hour, she checked her phone beside her, that must have been so kindly plugged in by aaron. it was 8pm. her phone was filled with messages and calls from her brother, as well as her team.