𝟒𝟏. 𝐬𝐚𝐧 𝐝𝐢𝐠𝐨?

trea wasn't the kind of guy to stay mad at someone for very long, especially with people he cares about. he was good when it came to forgiving and forgetting. but something felt different this time.

he wanted to forgive vanessa so bad. all he wanted was to hold her again and keep her safe in his arms. but for all he knew, she didn't even feel safe with him.

trea couldn't stomach the fact that she had been hurting herself. everytime he thought about it, he thought he might vomit. and he quite literally could not stop thinking about it.

when they arrived at the stadium to leave, trea watched vanessa like a hawk. everytime she thought she was out of his sight, he knew exactly where she was. it was honestly impressive how well he could keep track of her.

trea understood that vanessa wouldn't be anywhere near him. he would give her all the space he needed.

he kept a fair distance, just enough so she couldn't notice him.

trea would be the first one to tell you that he was an absolute asshole last night. it was quite possibly the worst way he could've reacted, but at least he knew.

he meant what he said, just not the way he said it.

vanessa didn't know the extent to which she hurt trea. of course this whole situation wasn't about him, but what else is he supposed to do when the most important person in his life had continuously been keeping things from him.

trea felt like he had been so good to her, which he had been. he just wanted her to feel like she could trust him.

he followed gavin to the back of the bus where he'd normally sit with vanessa. he noticed her sitting with cody, hidden in her seat.

trea couldn't let that bother him. that was seriously the least of his worries.

he sat down in the same seat he would always sit in, but with gavin beside him instead.

trea was pretty quiet on the bus. which was weird because he normally loved talking with gavin. he really didn't have much to say. gavin didn't really say much either, he knew trea was in a pretty fragile state at the moment.

with a quick stop at the hotel, they finally reached petco park.

the game felt longer when trea didn't have vanessa beside him.

for the first time today, he managed to catch cody alone.

"hey man." trea greeted him as he leaned over the dugout.

"hey." vanessa had obviously told him everything.

"nice catch earlier, defense is looking sharp." he tried to make conversation.

"are you trying to get something out of me?" cody shot at him.

"what no?"

"oh come on trea i'm not that dumb."

"uh last i checked we were friends first?" trea snapped.

"i'm not the one you should be kissing up to right now." cody sat up from his position and grabbed his helmet and bat.

trea turned to his other side to see gavin beside him.