𝟎𝟓. 𝐟𝐚𝐯 𝐠𝐢𝐫𝐥

vanessa spent a lot of time thinking about how she could play around with her team. gavin was back in, so that wasn't a worry, but when certain players are underperforming, and others are red hot, so it can be tricky. the team was taking bp as she was still trying to figure things out on her clipboard. she had about a million notes written down. "trea, you're leading off tonight. let's not fuck things up." she muttered to herself. he's lead off before, and done well. though he normally only does it when mookie is out or cannot. that was just about all she had figured out. she anxiously clicked her pen and scribbled something down. the lineup wasn't perfect, but it was good enough for them to grab a win.

once the game started, the runs didn't stop coming. by the bottom of the 4th, it was 7-8 yankees. vanessa wasn't worried, well only a little. they had plenty of time to get back into the game. after judge and donaldson took kershaw deep, the morale was getting a little low. it was the end of the 5th and the score remained the same. vanessa noticed trea getting in his head a bit and pulled him aside.

"look shortstop, as of this second, i'm your boss. and you need get your shit together right about now. gavin will get on base and you better fucking rip that ball a new one. if not, you're not leading off a game for the rest of the month." she stared at him, waiting for a response. he was kind of shocked, but complied.

"you're cute when your mad." he said. after she had talked to him. it seemed to put him in a much better mood. which guided the entire team to start feeling a bit more optimistic. they were only down by two after all.

"shut it twirp" she ordered.

"whatever you say," he shrugged and headed into the hole.

gavin lux, 5 pitch walk.

as trea headed to the batters box he flipped his bat in his hand and pointed at vanessa with it. no one could really tell who he was pointing at. but she knew who it was for her.

high fastball, ball one. slider inside, just barely a strike. change-up in the zone, goodbye.

2-run shot to short porch, trea turner.

"that's my shortstop," she laughed.

after that, the yankees couldn't keep up. finishing off the game with a score of 12-8, dodgers. with freddie, max, trea, and will, all hitting bombs.

⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

"what are u up to this morning?" cody asked.

"going out with a friend from around here." she replied, taking a sip of her wine.

"how do you know people from around here?" mookie added.

"i used to live here? we grew up together. she's like the sister i never had."  vanessa got up from her chair and put her glass i. the sink.

"what's her name?" trea continued the chain on questions.

"camila. and, are you guys done interrogating me about my personal life? i have friends y'know."

"can we meet her?" gavin smiled.

"maybe. before the game. or after, not sure."

"she's coming?"

"yup."

vanessa grabbed her bag and walked out of her room, leaving the boys in there. she didn't necessarily trust them alone in there, but she didn't care enough to kick them out.