𝟐𝟐. 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐫 𝐠𝐚𝐦𝐞

vanessa scribbled as much information down on her clipboard as she could while talking to the other managers. this opportunity gave her a chance to learn so much more about some of the best players in the game, and allow her to use this information with her own team.

she felt a little out of place alongside some of the big names in the room, but she could handle herself.

meeting people was something vanessa was really good at. she was so personable and easy to talk to. she had a sense of realness to her, even though she was from a place like new york city.

she held herself with confidence as she gave the guys a pep talk in the clubhouse, prior to the game.

"look, the national league has lost this game for way too many years now. in front of me is a team of all stars. i want to go out there and watch you play like one. focus on the game in front of you. none of you will be playing for very long, so enjoy the time you get. most importantly, have fun out there today. but even more importantly, win."

the boys around her began to smile, and get even more excited then they already were. loud cheers filled the room as the boys ran out into the dugout.

the top of the first went incredibly well for the national league team. striking out judge, picking of ohtani, then a walk for devers, but getting him out in the fielders choice.

the good momentum followed them through their at bats.

the team watched as the always electric mookie betts headed up to the plate. with acuña on 2nd, the group put a lot of faith in mookie.

and there it was, an rbi single. 1-0 NL.

machado grounded into a dp, but at least they were on the board.

nonetheless, they stayed hot as goldschmidt raked a solo shot to left center. 2-0 NL.

trea followed up with a single, but nothing came of it as wilson contreras struck out.

vanessa spent a lot of time talking to dansby swanson, as the two had a suprising amount in common. they had met before considering the dodgers and the braves had played each other during the season.

"i didn't know you and trea were a thing." he commented as he watched alex manoah take some warm up pitches.

"yeah, me neither." she laughed.

"good for you guys! i think that's great!"

"thanks dans, we were kinda nervous to come out with it because of like our jobs and everything." vanessa explained.

"right, i forgot about that. has dave said anything to you two?" he asked

"no," she turned her head to see her co manager across the dugout. "he's probably waiting, wants to get this game over with first."

"makes sense, i'm sure you guys will be okay." he assured her.

vanessa shrugged, "i don't even care at this point, i just wanna live my life."

"and you should be able to." dansby said "plus, everyone loves you. can you imagine the upset if you were somehow fired? la would be in flames."

𝐒𝐇𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐒𝐓𝐎𝐏 ☆ ᴛ. ᴛᴜʀɴᴇʀजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें