𝟓𝟕. 𝐡𝐞𝐲

trea dragged his suitcase of of the conveyer belt and onto the floor. he wasn't a big fan of flying alone, since he was so used to already being with other people.

he headed out the gigantic sliding glass doors as soon as he possibly could've.

he spotted bryce, who was hiding in his car, but it only took trea a moment to find him. bryce popped the trunk so trea could put his bag away. the shortstop sat in the passengers seat and smiled at his friend.

"what's up?" he beamed at bryce, he looked genuinely happy, which wasn't as common anymore.

"hey man!" bryce greeted him back.

"how've you been?"

"not bad, you?" bryce smiled as he put the car into drive.

"getting by," he laughed it off. from the back seat, hannah leaned her head against bryce's seat so trea could notice her.

"hannah!"

"trea!" she reached over the seat to give him a half hug.

"i feel like i haven't seen you in forever." trea said.

"that's because you haven't."

"hannah cleaned up the guest bedroom for you." bryce said

"i asked him to do it but he said you'd survive." hannah added. "its not even my house."

"you basically live there." he argued.

"i do not."

"you do."

"no i don't."

nothing had changed since they were last together. they still bickered like an old couple. but they basically were.

last time trea was in philly, they weren't together, she didn't even live there. when trea was in washington, they were on and off. their relationship was pretty much always on rocks. if they weren't together, there was always this ridiculous tension between them. 

they would always break themselves up. 

he'd say one thing, she'd be angry, he's get angrier, they'd break up, they'd get back together.

that was hannah and bryce.

the two continued.

"thank you, hannah." trea interrupted. she smiled and nodded. 

⋆.ೃ࿔*:・ 

as trea settled into bryces house, he was able to go to their game that night with hannah. she drove them to the stadium fairly early, but they had to stop for food too. 

as they arrived, bryce had invited them into the clubhouse, but they decided just to go straight to their seats. they had been sitting with the rest of bryce's family, who were just the sweetest people. 

as trea took in the environment, he realized how crazy citizens bank part could get. he couldn't have even imagined trying to be the away team coming here in the playoffs. during the season, it was always loud, but the playoffs brought in a different beast for philly.

"its really loud." he said, leaning towards his sister so she could hear him. she laughed and nodded. "is nat coming?"

"shes off today, so she should be."

"how is she not working this game?" he continued.

"idk its the other guy i guess. she should be here soon."

nat, more formally known as natalie, was the photographer for the phillies. but she was also hannah's roommate. trea had never met her, but he talked to her over facetime a few times as he was calling his sister.

natalie arrived with her dark hair slicked back into a ponytail and her sunglasses on, even though it was dark. she wore a body suit with jeans and a bomber jacket hung over her shoulder. 

she sat in the seat next to hannah, which was the only empty seat in the area. "hi hanny," she smiled, carelessly putting her expensive bag on the ground. "hi trea."

"hi nat." the siblings said in unison. 

"wow you guys really are related." she laughed a little. "is ness coming?" 

the question sent chills down treas spine. he didn't know the answer, and quite frankly he didn't want to know. hannah glanced over at the girl beside her. natalie pursed her lips as if to say 'sorry i asked' 

she moved on from the question, "you staying in philly, trea?"

"i'm... not really sure right now." he hesitantly replied.

"well, " she smiled, "we're happy to have you." he slightly smiled and nodded in response.

he wasn't really sure if he liked it. he thought he did. he definitely liked being with his sister. and he definitely liked being with bryce. he didn't really know many of the other players personally, but he was always open to meeting new people. bryce had mentioned talking to the front office while he was here, but trea wasn't sure if he was ready to move on that fast. he kinda knew he wouldn't be back in la, which didn't necessarily bother him. after his last season, he wasn't really wanting to go back. plus the front office wasn't really showing enough interest in him anyways.

during the game, trea spent more time waiting to see if ness was coming than actually watching the game. after 7 innings of no ness, he was basically sure she wasn't coming. but the empty seat on the other side of nataile haunted him. he knew who it was supposed to be for. 

⋆.ೃ࿔*:・ 

after the game, hannah brought trea back to bryces house.

they both pretty much went to bed right away, bryce was shot and trea had basically gone mute. he wouldn't talk to anyone really, even hannah couldn't get much out of him.

he couldn't even sleep. he stared at the ceiling, for an embarrassingly long time. 

he had to see her.

he quietly walked downstairs and grabbed bryce's keys off the counter. he got in his car and pulled up vanessas shared location. she never turned it off. maybe for a reason. and he went there.

it was only 15 minutes down the road. 

his gps took him to an apartment complex, it was beautiful. he went inside, looking through every hall to find which was hers.

he found it, she had a cute little ghost hanging on the front of her door. he recognised it. she had put it out on the first day of september in la. the lights were still on, so he knew that she was still up. 

he took a deep breath and knocked on the door. it slowly opened, revealing the tall blonde. she wore sweatpants and an old t shirt from la, that trea recognized to be his.

"hey"