𝟎𝟕. 𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐝𝐫𝐢𝐯𝐞

a week later, mothers day, vanessa's least favorite day. all she wanted to do was read her book and lay on the couch. unfortunately, she had a day game, so that wasn't possible. it was 7 in the morning when vanessa woke up to a phone call from trea

"hey! get up!"

"what..? its 7, we don't have to be at the field until 10." she groaned.

"i'm outside, put clothes on and get out here."

"what?"

"just hurry up!" he hung up, she complied with him. she threw on a hoodie and some shorts. her hair was still in a messy bun from sleeping. she grabbed her bag and headed out to his car.

she opened the front door and got inside.

trea handed her the coffee that he had stopped to get her on the way.

"what are you plotting." she asked taking the drink out of his hand and buckling her seatbelt.

"im taking you for a drive." trea replied pulling out of her driveway.

"where?" vanessa said looking at the boy

"just, around"

"why are you doing this? i can drive myself places"

"because you need to get out of the house and do something. get your mind off things." he was obviously talking about her mother.

"trea im fine. i told you that already. i just wanna go back to bed and sleep until i have to be at the stadium"

"no." trea replied sternly. "lets just talk, okay?"

"okay, what do you wanna talk about?"

"you,"

"why?"

"because i feel like i don't know that much about you."

"you don't, we've known each other for like 3 weeks." she snarked.

"what do you do for fun?"

"i like the beach, and reading."

"i know that, tell me something i don't know." trea said as he took a sharp left.

"i was a waitress in college for a little, and every time someone would give me weird looks or was rude, i would spit in their drinks and wipe their food on the floor."

"that's terrible," he laughed.

"what about you, tell me something i don't know."

"i slept with a nightlight until i was 17"

"impressive."

"who was your first concert?" trea asked.

"nicki minaj, i got to meet her backstage too."

"wow that sounds amazing."

"yours?" vanessa asked him.