𝟒𝟗. 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐦𝐨𝐦

vanessa felt sick.

the last game of the regular season had finally reached. while feeling shitty, vanessa submitted the lineup card one last time before playoffs.

she didn't know what playoffs would be like, she'd never been in the situation before. but she knew that everything would be completely different.

she was happy to know that she would be getting a little time off before playoffs for the dodgers began. since they were the number 1 seed, everything started for the dodgers about a week later.

the game began off on the wrong foot by letting the rockies score 2 runs in the first inning.

"do you have anything better to do?"

cody was finally back.

"nope."

"why don't you go watch your swing over and over again until you figure out what's wrong?" vanessa suggested, obviously annoyed.

"fine. i will." he said stubbornly.

"and bring me trea." she told him.

"whatever." he muttered to himself.

after cody was finally gone, trea walked over and sat next to vanessa in the bench.

"you needed me?" he said, sitting down.

"not really." she said softly as she leaned her head on his shoulder.

"then what's up?"

"nothing," she sighed. "i just missed you." she began to look at and pick her nails."

"i like your nails." he said looking down at them. "that color looks nice on you."

"thanks trea," she said sarcastically

"what?"

"nothing." she spat

"no, what's wrong?"

"i don't know, i'm not in the mood for compliments." vanessa sighed.

"you? not in the mood for compliments? who are you and what did you do with ness?" he teased

"oh my god shut up." she rolled her eyes at him.

"what are you in the mood for then?"

"going home, taking a nice long nap, hopefully not waking up, and watching the bachelorette." she said. "with you."

"don't wanna be at this game?" he asked. she replied with a slight shake of her head. "why's that?"

"i'm tired, i have a headache, i don't feel good." she explained.

"do you want me to get you some ibuprofen?"

"no it's okay."

"are you sure?"

"i'm sure." she reassured him. "i'll be fine."