CHAPTER ONE

I want to start this part off by saying that I am a trans man. (if you couldn't tell by my pfp) any and all transphobia in this story is absolutely not how I think.

OSCAR

I smiled softly at Amelia, she was a 14-year-old who was struggling with her parents' homophobia. "You just need to remember that the words they say to you are not how they truly feel about you as a person, Amelia. You are an amazing, talented, smart young lady. They love you."

She smiled brightly back at me and nodded, "They aren't mad at me, they're upset with this new part of me. They just need time to get used to it."

"Amelia, I know how you feel. I just came out to my parents last night and they almost lost their minds saying that they had all these plans for me." Flower said that wasn't actually her name she didn't feel comfortable sharing her real name. I always encouraged the kids to make themselves as comfortable as possible.

"Flower, why don't you share, after that, if no one else wants to go we can call this session," I recommended, she nodded and took a breath.

"I thought coming out would help me. Like I would be able to live more for myself but I think it's made things worse. I feel like everyone wants something different from me. My parents want their son to find a nice girl, my siblings want a brother they can rough house with, and my friends always talk about how they wish I still played football. I feel like I'm being torn apart. I'm tired of people thinking of me differently because I'm not a boy anymore. I'm still me, just because I don't want a dick anymore doesn't mean that my personality has changed."

"Flower! We talked about this." I said sternly. I always tried to keep these sessions PG but Flower was difficult. She always made jokes like 'The dick I want isn't connected to my front' or 'I don't want my specific dick'. I had another group for teens with questions like that, this group was LGBT youth of any age.

There was a crash from Flower's background causing her to jump. "I-I gotta go." Before I could say anything she was gone.

I sighed and looked at the other five kids. "That's gonna be it for this session guys. Remember to be safe and if you get into trouble either call me or 911. Be safe and love yourselves." I said and ended the call.

I ran a discord server for LGBT youth and held group therapy sessions for those who needed it. Growing up I didn't really have anyone to talk to and really struggled with it, I didn't want others to grow up like that.

I stretched and sighed when I felt my back crack. I smiled softly as I looked down at my schedule for the day.

As I was moving to my next activity my phone rang. I smiled brightly when I saw it was a facetime call from my older brother, Bryan.

"Hello?" I asked as I answered.

"Uncle." Theo, my nephew, whispered on the other end. The phone was held close to his face so I could only see his eyes and forehead. "I hiding."

"Are you hiding because you're playing or did you do something bad?" I asked while sitting down on the couch in my living room.

He giggled softly, "I take daddy's phone. Wanna play games but he finds me soon."

"So I shouldn't yell?" I asked, he giggled again and shook his head. "Are you sure?" I raised my voice but paused when I heard a door close down the hall. I looked up to see a sleepy Sam walking into the living room. We are fraternal twins but after my transition, people always confused us for identical so we started to go along with it. "Hey Theo, look who else is here." I turned the phone toward Sam once he sat down next to me.

"Uncle Sam!" Theo shouted but quickly put a hand over his mouth.

"Hey kiddo, what's going on?" He asked. I quickly explained what Theo had told me. Sam grinned at me as the same idea I had came to his mind. "Theo," He began to whine. "I wanna talk to my brother."

"Me too." I joined in as Theo began to giggle.

"Where's Bryan Theo!" Sam and I shouted together. "Bryan. Bryan. Bryan." We chanted. At that point, Theo was laughing just as loud as we were yelling.

"There you are!" I heard my brother's voice on the other end. Theo shrieked as his father picked him up and took the phone. "Hey, little brothers." He greeted.

"Hey man," I greeted while Sam said,

"Hey, big brother."

"I was about to text you a reminder about my art show tomorrow. You guys are still coming right?" I asked as I shifted.

"We wouldn't miss it, little bro! We'll be there." He paused to send Theo into another room. "You still got that thing?"

"Yes, Bryan. It is safe and sound at the gallery. She's going to love it."

After he sighed in relief, we said our goodbyes and I put my phone down on the coffee table in front of us.

"Did you sleep in again?" I asked Sam as I turned my body to face him.

He looked down and rubbed his face. "Yeah, I stayed up too late again. I just couldn't sleep. But don't baby me over it. We are the same age."

"But I am two minutes older than you little brother." I grinned at him causing him to roll his eyes. "So were you up with a book or a person last night?" I asked.

Before he could say anything a door opened and closed down the hall. A tall, pale man came into the living room. He has long black hair that fell into his face. A dark blue beanie was hastily put on his head as he carried his shoes.

"Well, that answers my question," I said causing the man to jump in shock. "Front door is that way." I pointed to the door, I tried not to let any emotion come onto my face but I was glaring at the man. When he was gone I turned my glare to Sam. "We talked about this. You can not keep fucking random men just because of what he did."