CHAPTER THIRTY-THREE

SAMUAL

I sighed happily as I began to wake up from an amazing night's sleep. I grinned to myself when I realized it was Monday, which meant I had no class. I loved Mondays, they meant that I had free time to do anything I wanted; that I could get writing done.

I didn't write anything serious, just short stories inspired by my day-to-day life. I also tried to practice writing children's books as much as I could. Plus not having any responsibilities meant that I could spend all day in bed and wait for Luke to get home.

We had been trying to get pregnant ever since Oscar and Duncan announced Bun to the pack. It was a lot of sex, but don't get me wrong, it was good sex. I was just feeling a little weird because it had been almost a month and I didn't feel any different. Maybe my body didn't go through the full process of changing, but something told me it wasn't that.

⋉⋊

I had been writing for about three hours when I got a phone call. I frowned when the caller ID read unknown. I took a deep breath and answered.

"Hello?" I said cautiously, I really didn't want to answer but I had to be sure that it wasn't something important.

"Samual!" My mother exclaimed as if I had been missing for years. Which I guess from her mind, where she could do no wrong, I had been. I was then wishing that I hadn't answered the phone. "Where on earth have you been, we have been worried sick."

"You know I left. I told you to accept me and Oscar or you wouldn't see me anymore. You didn't accept us, so you don't see me." I said while rolling my eyes.

"Well, I don't remember that conversation," She said, feigning ignorance. I heard some muffled talking on the other side, probably my father talking to her. "Your father wants to say something, you're on speaker."

"Son. I-" I cut him off before he could've begun a lecture.

"Why did you call me? I'm very busy and don't have time for this." I said as I looked at the bed I was sitting on. Junk food wrappers littered the blanket and the TV was paused on the show I was watching as background noise.

"Son, we have talked it over and decided that we have let you play this game long enough. It's time for you to come home and choose a bride from the women we have lined up for you."

"They are so pretty, Samual. You will have such a difficult time deciding." Mother added on, I could practically hear the smile in her voice.

"First of all, choose from the women you have lined up. What year are you calling from? Even if I was straight which, again, I'm not, there is no way that I would marry someone that you chose for me. Second of all, I'm not playing a game. I am in a happy and loving relationship, one I would never throw away."

"Oh? Tell us about the girl. Is she nice? Does she want kids?" Mother asked excitedly. If I was in a show like The Office that would be the time that I would give the camera a deadpan look.

"He is very nice, he does want kids, oh and he is a man. Jesus Christ, how many times do I have to come out to you people before you get it through your thick skulls?" I began to raise my voice in anger.

I heard the sound of the front door closing which made my anger dissipate quickly. "Young man, don't you dare take the lord's name in vain. Your mother and I raised you better than that." Father's scolding made me roll my eyes. I quietly put the phone on speaker as Luke walked into the bedroom. I patted the bed next to me and continued my conversation.

"Listen, I am extremely tired of repeating myself. Come here if you want but let me tell you, if you do it will be the last time I will repeat myself. I will block you and make sure that you have no idea what is ever going on in my life ever again. Not that you give a shit now. Which by the way, I'm already married, thanks for asking."

I could feel the anger coming through the phone as I grinned at Luke, who was struggling not to laugh. "Don't you dare call whatever you are doing with another man a marriage. Marriage is between a man and a-" I hung up the phone before Father could continue another one of his homophobic rants about the 'sanctity of marriage'.

"So when did we get married? Was I invited to the wedding?" Luke began with a laugh. I rolled my eyes and pushed him down on the bed to climb into his lap.

"Being mated is like being married. We don't have to have a human wedding because we are werewolf mated. Goof." I said before giving him a welcoming kiss.

Luke hummed and grabbed my waist, "But I'd actually really enjoy calling you my 'human married' husband." He grinned at me as I gave him a shocked look.

"I know that is not the proposal you're going with," I said as I playfully pushed his face away with my hand.

"Why does it have to be a huge gesture? It's not like you can say no." He grinned at me playfully.

"Well unfortunately for you, my answer is no," I said as I pressed my body against his, I gently ran my finger across his jaw and down his neck and chest. I leaned up, rubbing my body against his in the process until my lips were pressed to his ear. "But I know of a way you can convince me to change my answer."

I squealed as he quickly flipped our positions. Maybe I shouldn't have given him such a challenge.