CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO

LUKAS

I smiled down at Sam as he slept, it was early Saturday morning which meant that I needed to walk the perimeter of the pack land. It was something that Duncan and I switched off every other weekend, the rest of the week we either did it together or left it to the Gamma, Jacob.

Slowly, I lowered myself into the bed to hug Sam one last time before I left. Every time I would be away from him, I always tried to have as much of his scent on me as possible. I didn't want any unwanted attention.

While the pack has known about Sam and Oscar for a little over a month, there were still some that tried to worm their way into our lives. It was extremely annoying to deal with and even more so trying to keep Roen from tearing into their throats. Which is why I tried to always have my mate's scent on me.

I froze as Sam groaned, he shook his head as he opened his eyes. "Luke?" He asked groggily.

"Hey love, go back to sleep. I'm just leaving," I said as I brushed the hair from his face.

He nodded and turned onto his side once I got up. In his sleep, he mumbled out, "Wish I could mark you."

The statement made me frown, I knew that it was annoying for him to be woken up every day hours before he needed to be up. But I didn't know what else to do. Our pack had human mates but everyone respected those bonds, what made the alpha and beta couples so different? Was it only because we were both gay couples?

My thoughts continued as I left the pack house, shifted, and began my route around the pack land.

I loved being in wolf form, Roen did too. It made me feel invincible, although I did wish I could listen to music while running. Truly the only downside to being a werewolf, you can only wear earbuds in human form.

My paws skidded to a stop as I got an idea, possibly my greatest idea but I couldn't do it alone. Quickly, I ran to finish my check and then ran to the pack house to find Duncan.

⋉⋊

After finding and telling Duncan about my idea, I had him take us to the twins.

"Boys!" I shouted as I slammed the door to the pack's library open. I laughed as Oscar and Sam jumped in their seats. They both glared at me as Duncan and I walked into the room. "We need you guys to do us a favor, no questions asked."

Oscar shook his head at me with a smile and looked at Duncan with his arms reaching out to him for a hug. I watched as Duncan hugged his mate and whispered into his ear. While I would've been able to hear it without even trying, I would never have invaded my best friend's privacy like that.

"Hey baby," Sam said as I came closer to him. I smiled at him and leaned down to bring our lips together in a soft kiss. As I was pulling away, Sam gently pulled me back and kissed me hungrily.

As the kiss continued, I bit his lip and pulled away, kissing down his neck as I pulled his head to the side.

Duncan clearing his throat startled me causing me to growl. I shook my head as I detached myself from Sam.

We'll get him back for that, Roen said. I didn't reply as I looked at Duncan and nodded. Both as an apology and asking him to do the talking.

"Luke is right, we do need the two of you to do us a favor. I would like it if you didn't ask why, it's a surprise."

"What is it?" the twins asked at the same time.

"We need you to bite us, as hard as you can, like you're marking us," I said as I put a hand on Sam's shoulder.

"But I thought you said that our bites wouldn't stick. We don't have mating venom." Oscar said as Duncan sat down in the chair next to him. I watched as Duncan took Oscar's hands in his.

"Just trust me and bite me right here as hard as you can," he said as he gestured to his neck while tilting his head to the side. Something I had never seen any Alpha do even for their mate. I averted my eyes and looked to Sam, since there was no chair next to him, I picked him up and sat on the chair with him in my lap.

"You too," I said as I tilted my head to the side, "Right where I bit you, as hard as you can, don't worry about hurting me." Sam nodded and brought his lips to my neck. I sighed happily as I felt Sam's teeth sink into my neck.

⋉⋊

"Thank you so much for getting us in on such short notice. We really appreciate it," Duncan said as we walked into the tattoo shop.

"Not a problem, when you told me about your idea. I knew I had to jump at this. It's not every day you get to tattoo a bite mark onto someone." Becky laughed as gestured for us to follow her to her station. She was a human tattoo artist whose shop was near the pack. She had a purple mullet and was covered in tattoos.

"We just really want to show our love to our fiances," I said, "Duncan you can go first." He could go first because I knew that his bite would've healed by the time I was done. Also, I hated needles.

"Go ahead and take a seat. I see you both already had the bites, so I'll just sanitize, trace it, and get started. I seriously think it is awesome that you guys are doing this."

I watched silently the whole time Duncan got his tattoo, he smiled happily in the mirror once it was finished. "Oscar is going to be so happy when he sees this." He said as I took his seat once Becky gave the okay.

"How are you guys by the way? We've both been so busy we haven't gotten the chance to talk."

"Actually, I may have gotten Oscar pregnant," He said sheepishly as he scratched the back of his neck. Becky backed away from my neck and nodded to the mirror for me to check.

"Damn, how good your dick must be to get a guy pregnant," Becky laughed as I got up.

I nodded to Becky while pointing at my neck, confirming the line work. I sat back down as Duncan began to speak again. "I guess it has to be pretty good because he is pregnant, took seven tests."

"Jesus, that's crazy man. You're gonna be a dad!" I cheered while trying not to move as Becky began to work on tattooing my neck.