CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE

OSCAR

"Hey Sam, thanks again for meeting me here," I said as Sam closed the door behind him. I had asked him to meet me in the pack's library.

"Of course, is everything alright? You sounded kind of weird on the phone."

"Well, there's no easy way to say this so I'll just say it. I'm pregnant."

"What?! But I thought you had an IUD put in?" He asked as he quickly made his way across the room to stand at the table opposite of me.

"I did. Worst experience of my life, very glad that I went through that trouble only to get pregnant."

"So why did we meet here?" He asked as he sat down across from me at the table, he gestured around the room.

"We are going to do research on werewolf reproduction to figure out how and why I got pregnant."

"Alright, let's do this. Where do you want me to start?"

"Duncan said that the pack categorizes their books on an online spreadsheet, so can you get a list of all books that may tell us something about mating while I look through this book."

He nodded and went to the computer that was sitting in the corner while I looked down at the booking in front of me.

History of the Supernatural

I smiled, excited to learn more about my mate and the world he came from. I opened the book to the first chapter on werewolves.

    Once feared by humans, these mighty creatures stay hidden in plain sight. As of 2018, over 75% of the world's werewolf packs are integrated into human society.

    The date made me pause and look at the release date of the book. 2019, so the information about mates could be outdated. I scanned the following pages until I found a section on mates.

    Interspecies Mates

    While not an everyday occurrence, werewolves mating with a different species is not uncommon. A werewolf can be mated to any intelligent-speaking species such as humans, fairies, dragon shifters, mermaids, etc. While werewolves can be mated to any of these creatures, humans are the most common species to be mated to werewolves other than werewolves.

Werewolf Reproduction

I gasped and brought the book closer to me. "Sam, I think I found it!" I said as I looked up at Sam, who was sitting awkwardly at the computer login screen.

"Great, because I have no idea how to get into this computer." He said as he gave me a sheepish smile.

"Did you try just typing in your mate's name?"

"Oh," he said. I sighed and watched as he finally logged into the computer and started looking through the library catalog. As he was doing that, I looked back to the book I was reading.

Werewolf Reproduction

A typical werewolf pregnancy will last somewhere between 6 to 7 months, depending on the rank of the father; with alpha pregnancies being shorter and pack members being longer.

It goes without saying that a male werewolf can get a female pregnant, but the discovery was made in late 2019. Cases of male werewolves getting male werewolves pregnant. Further studies of this occurrence have shown that when two males are mated, one, if not both, of the male's body will begin to go through a change within three weeks of the meeting. During these weeks, his body will begin to grow a uterus, along with some other changes that will help keep a fetus alive. Although no changes are made appearance-wise, after fully going through the change, that man will be able to carry a fetus to full term and deliver via C-section.

There are currently no cases of werewolves getting male humans pregnant.

I sighed sadly and looked up at Sam to see if he had found anything.

⋉⋊

"Boys!" I jumped as Luke slammed the doors to the library open. It was the second time that day he had done that.

"Would you please stop doing that?" I asked, annoyed. But my attitude changed as Duncan came to me and wrapped his arms around me. I nuzzled my face into his chest with a happy sigh.

"You ready for your surprise?" He asked with a smile as he took a seat next to me. I nodded excitedly and gasped as he pulled his shirt to the side to show off his neck.

I couldn't believe my eyes, where I had bitten him earlier that day, was my bite. My mate had my mark. Tears flooded my eyes as I slowly moved my hand to touch the mark. It was highly detailed, the only reason I could tell it was a tattoo was because I was so close to him. Although it looked nothing like my own mark, that was probably due to my lack of werewolf fangs.

"You did this for me?" I asked softly as I cupped his face in my hands. He smiled at me and placed his hands over mine.

"I did it for us, baby. While our pack recognizes human mates, I've learned that there are still a lot of old-fashioned people in the world. People who think if you don't have a mark, you aren't taken. Now even to those people, I'm yours." I couldn't tell if it was his words or if it was hormones but tears flowed down my face. Duncan smiled at me and brought my head to his chest as I sobbed. "I'm yours forever, Oscar. Nothing is ever going to change that."