EPILOGUE

OSCAR

"Zilla! Zain! Stop running in the house." I yelled after the twins as they ran past me through the kitchen in my house, almost making me spill the food I was working on.

After ten years, I still couldn't believe that my brother named his twins Zilla and Zain. Although I guess I couldn't say much because I agreed to name my second child Miya while he named his Mila.

I smiled fondly at the thought. It was hard to believe that it had been ten years since Niko was born. It had felt like yesterday that I was holding her against my chest, looking at her for the first time.

"Hey Dad, when are we gonna have the cake?" Niko asked as she walked into the kitchen, her long brown hair was up in a ponytail but she somehow still had hair covering her blue eyes.

"Very soon Bun, we just need to wait for your Uncle Bryan and Aunt Jess to get here with the kids." I said, causing her eyes to light up.

"Jamie is coming?" She asked, referring to Bryan and Jessica's third child. They were joined at the hip, I was happy that Bryan was moving his family to Blue Water. With the twins being so close, I was right about Niko becoming a third wheel. I was so thankful that Jamie and Niko got so close.

"Yup, along with your other cousins." I smiled as she ran out of the room. "No running!" I yelled after her.

I sighed and leaned over the counter, rubbing my temples. "Are you alright, love?" I smiled at Duncan's voice. I felt him come up behind me and hug me.

"If one more child runs in my house I'm going to have you ice these floors." I mumbled, causing him to laugh loudly.

"Just a little bit longer and it will just be me, you, Niko, and Miya again."

"You're forgetting someone," I said as I turned in his arms. I wrapped my arms around his neck as I pressed my baby bump into his stomach. "The last someone."

"Come on, you know werewolves like their packs. Don't you want us to have our own little pack of pups?" He pouted. I smirked at him as I gently pushed his face away.

"If you want a pack of pups we are going to be adopting. Unless you want each of those pups to be at least four years apart."

⋉⋊

"Happy Birthday Bun," I whispered to Niko as everyone finished singing. Niko smiled at me and blew out her birthday candles. Everyone cheered for her before I started passing out pieces of cake. "Alright, everyone! When we're done eating we are going to be doing gifts, so eat up." I announced.

Niko smiled up at me as she finished her cake. While everyone else finished eating their food, I helped Niko get situated in her seat with all the gifts around her.

Tears flowed into my eyes as I looked at her. She was only 10 but she looked so grown up. "Dad, are you okay?" She asked softly, trying not to draw attention to us.

"I'm alright bun, it's just very hard for me to believe that you're growing up so fast. Right now you're turning 10 but tomorrow you're going to be 18 and finding your mate. Then you're going to leave home and-"

She cut me off as she stood from her seat. She gently wrapped her arms around me and smiled up at me. "I'm not going to leave for a long time, Dad. I promise."

"Yeah, Bun." I said looking down at her. She rested her head gently on my bump as I ran my hand over her head soothingly. "I know." But I also knew that she didn't know what she was promising. As soon as she laid eyes on her mate everything she'd promised would go out the window.

"Niko, can I sit with you on your chair?" Miya asked as she came up to us, she grabbed my pant leg in a firm grip. She was only six but she could bring a warrior to their knees with her grip. She had long light brown hair and gray eyes, she looked just like Duncan.

Niko smiled at her sister and nodded. I helped the two of them into the chair and smiled at them

I never would have guessed that my life would've ended up like that. Two kids with another on the way while I was with the love of my life. I didn't even think that love was fully in the cards for me. But there was nothing that I would trade my life for.

I loved my life, my pack, my family, and my mate. But most of all I loved who I became with all of them in my life.