CHAPTER THIRTY-EIGHT

SAMUAL

"Mate?" Dad asked as he looked from Duncan and Oscar to me. "Son, what does that mean?"

"It's a part of Duncan and Luke's religion, it's used for significant others." I explained hesitantly.

"Their religion?" My mother gasped, "Samual, how could you let your sister drag you away from god?"

"First, he didn't drag me anywhere. Second, I wasn't taken from my god, The Moon Goddess protects us. She led me to Luke." I smiled as I looked at him fondly.

"My lord, Zachariah, he's in a cult." Mom exclaimed as she put one hand on dad's arm and the other over her heart. He quickly wrapped an arm around her and looked at Luke suspiciously.

"Moon Goddess," He said in a mocking tone, "where did you hear something so absurd?"

Luke opened his mouth to answer but froze when Bryan spoke up. "They heard it from growing up in a werewolf pack." he said it as if he was talking about the weather. Duncan, Oscar, Luke and I all looked at him with wide eyes in shock. "What?"

"Bryan, you can't tell people that. It's a secret." Oscar scolded.

"I thought that was why you told me. Because you wanted to tell them."

"Bryan," Oscar said calmly as he gently rubbed his temples, "We told you in case they found out. We didn't want them to know."

"Oh." He replied simply as Duncan shook his head.

"Yea, oh. So why don't you just take a seat-" Duncan was cut off by my father's shout.

"Demons!" he shouted as he moved to stand in front of Mom protectively. "What have you done to my child? Samual, get away from them!" He demanded.

"I can't believe that the devil has made his way into my baby's heart." She cried as she clung to Dad.

I watched in amusement as they continued with their demands and cries. I chuckled and leaned over to Oscar and whispered, "Imagine what they'd do if they found out we're pregnant." He slowly turned to look at me as our parents' words came to a halt. I looked at them then at Oscar, then at Luke. "I didn't whisper that, did i?"

"No!" Oscar shouted in defeat. "This was suppose to be a fast meeting just telling them to fuck off." I gave a sheepish smile as I looked back at our parents. They were staring at the four of us in horror, I couldn't tell if it was because of the new information or the old.

"Shiloh! I raised you to be a better woman than that. You don't have sex outside of marriage." Theodora scolded Oscar who looked straight ahead and paid her no mind. "Shiloh." She called again, and again Oscar didn't look at her. Mom sighed and cringed as she said, "Oscar."

Oscar quickly looked at her, "Oh were you talking to me? I didn't hear my name."

Mom rolled her eyes and pried herself off of Dad to come and sit on the coffee table in front of us. She gently tried to take Oscar's hands in hers but he pulled away. "Sweetheart, you are better than this. A proper woman waits until marriage to have sex. You know this, it's one of the first things I taught you."

"Okay, but I'm not a woman. I'm a man."

Mom smiled and shook her finger as if she were scolding a child, "Now, now. You're pregnant and only women can get pregnant." She said it as if she were saying checkmate.

Oscar rolled his eyes and threw up his hands. "Sam literally just told you he was pregnant. We, both men, have the same things growing inside of us, does that mean nothing?" Mom waved him off before turning to me. Oscar's eyes widened as he shook his head slightly before giving Duncan a look of disbelief.

"Sammy, baby, we need to get you to a hospital. We have to get that thing out of you." She said as she tried to grab my hands. Luke quickly pulled me by my waist and switched our places. He held an arm firmly against the arm of the couch, locking me in place like a seatbelt would. I glared at her as I kept my hands on my non-existent bump protectively.

He glared at her with a look that could easily kill. "Listen to me very carefully. You will not be laying a finger on my mate or our baby. You'll have to kill me first and I do not die easily."

"We don't know what it will do to him." She cried.

Luke scoffed at her, "So you care about this son but not your other one?" She froze and turned to Bryan in shock.

"Please don't tell me that you're with a demon too? Oh god, are you pregnant too?! What about Jessie?!"

"I meant Oscar, Sam's twin." Luke said in disbelief. "Are you that deep in denial that you won't even recognize Oscar as your son when you know we are talking about him?"

"She is my child, but her name is not Oscar. I know what I named her, I'm the one that wrote it on the birth certificate."

"He legally changed it almost five years ago." I pointed out. "He hasn't been Shiloh since we were still living with you."

"Her name is Shiloh and she got herself into this mess and she can get herself out. It's not Sammy's fault that his sister brings trouble to him."

The sentence must've been the final straw for Oscar as he yelled out, "Jesus christ!"