CHAPTER TWELVE

DUNCAN

Rae growled loudly in my head as my blood began to boil. "What did you just say?" I asked lowly. Rae scratched aggressively at my restraint.

Let me out, let me OUT, LET ME OUT. I will tear them to shreds! All of them! How dare they!! He roared angrily.

"I'm only speaking the truth, Alpha. I mean no disrespect. I think it'd be best if we brought both of your mates here and helped them find themselves again." Vernon said quietly as he lowered his head in respect.

"How many of you also think this way?" Luke asked while he stepped forward. He put a calming hand on my shoulder. There were a few hands that came up in the crowd. After a few minutes, over half of the crowd had their hands raised.

"I am not my father." I began calmly, "I have done everything in my power since inheriting my title to show that you can put your trust back into the Alpha line, back into me. I've made it extremely clear that you are allowed to be your own person, and that I would never force my own views onto you. But this," I stopped to take a breath. "This is the one thing that I cannot allow. Those of you who are not willing to learn and change your views can leave. And I don't just mean leave the meeting- I mean leave the pack. I will not tolerate transphobia or homophobia in this pack."

"Ours mates are men; they were born men. They were never and will never be women." Luke added causing me to nod at him.

"You can't kick us out! Some of our families have been in this pack since it was founded. You can't make us leave because we have different views than you."

"No, thinking pineapple on pizza is good is a different view. Thinking you get to tell other people how to live their life is a wrong view. You have absolutely no right to tell a person how to live their own life. So, choose either make an effort to learn how wrong you are- or leave."

Most of those that raised their hands stayed but there were at least ten people that left.

"Those of you that are leaving have until noon tomorrow to get off our land," I said to the ones that walked away shamefully, I then turned back to the crowd. "Luke and I will personally be holding smaller meetings where we can discuss-"

"Alpha kicking out people because of their faith is wrong," Vernon said as he stood up again.

"Vernon you are the one that brought this to my attention. If you are not willing to learn, then you can leave." I looked over the crowd and saw that many people were fearfully holding their loved ones making me sigh. "I didn't make them leave because of their faith. I am of the same faith- Moon Goddess is my creator and there is not much that I wouldn't do for her. But using her name to spread hate is not right. She loves all creatures under the moon's light. She would want people to be happy in the bodies they are in so how dare you use my goddess's name to spread your hate."

People in the crowd began to nod their heads in understanding. Knowing that they were willing to learn had Rae calm down. But I knew that it would only take a comment to have him back into his fit of rage.

"Those of you who did not raise your hand, you may leave. I just have a few more things to say to those that did." I watched as people began to leave the meeting room. There were a few that stepped closer to the stage and re-congratulated Luke and me on finding our mates. It made me happy to know that there were people in the pack I led that were genuinely happy for me.

Once everyone had left, I looked at the smaller crowd of my pack members. It broke my heart- the way they thought about my mate and people like him. But I had to keep hope that they could change their views.

"Before I officially call this meeting to an end, I'd like to ask a question. Vernon, since you started this, you will be answering. If any of you have a different answer, then you may speak up after he answers." I paused as I waited for Vernon and the others to nod. "What makes you think that you can tell others how to live their own life?"

"I don't think I can tell others how to live. I just think that there is a right and wrong way to live. My way is right, and everyone else's way is wrong. I just think that our leaders should be living by the right way of life."

"That's why you spoke up?" another pack member stood up, glaring at Vernon. "I raised my hand because being trans is a sickness and we need to keep it away from children," Rae growled lowly at the blatant disrespect. I clenched my eyes and jaw as I tried to keep control.

"I didn't even think about that Susan!" Vernon yelled in shock. "How would this affect the children of the pack? They would be so confused! How do we explain to children that two men are mated, or how a woman chooses to be a man."

"They don't choose!" I growled as my control snapped.