CHAPTER THIRTEEN

SAMUAL

"No guys this weekend?" Oscar asked teasingly as I walked into the living room on Saturday morning.

"You know just because I act like a slut doesn't mean that you can slut-shame me. You have no idea what I've been through so please stop. You are my twin; you're supposed to have my back. And no, no guys this weekend. The kids are coming over and I have a boyfriend."

"You're right, I should have your back no matter what. So how about we talk about your boyfriend? We never got to talk about what I walked into on Thursday."

"Just like we never fully talked about what happened in the living room with you and your boyfriend?" I asked causing his face to go red. "That's what I thought. If you must know," I said as I took my seat next to him on the couch. "He was being a very sweet gentleman. He didn't pressure me into anything, he didn't even kiss me until I told him to."

"You chose a guy that actually has respect to give? Wow, I'm impressed, little brother." He said teasingly causing me to roll my eyes.

"I don't know what it is about him that makes things so different." I began again. "There's just something about him that makes me feel like-" Oscar cut me off.

"A virgin? Duncan does the same to me."

"Says the actual virgin," I said laughing loudly.

"That's a low blow and you know it," Oscar said as he glared at me. "Would you mind helping me with a group today? It's a mature teens group and I might need backup if they ask some questions I can't answer."

"Meaning questions about sex," I said causing his face to turn red. "Yea, I'll help. When's the meeting? Bryan's dropping the kids off around dinner time.

⋉⋊

"Alright, I think that's everyone so let's get started. I like to keep these group calls anonymous unless the speaker wants to share. These meetings are for questions you may have about being comfortable with intimacy or ranting about troubles you may be facing that you can't talk about in my other groups. My name is Oscar, and my pronouns are he/him. With me is my twin brother, Sammy also he/him pronouns. Would anyone like to start us off?"

"My boyfriend wants us to start having sex. He knows I'm trans, but I don't think he will be comfortable having sex with me. How do I know that I'm ready and that he won't get grossed out?"

Oscar nodded to me to take this one. "When you start having sex it's very important to know that you're ready. But sometimes you won't know you're ready until after. As for trusting your boyfriend, have confidence in him. If he didn't leave when he learned, you were trans then the likelihood of him leaving after sex is slim."

⋉⋊

Turns out I was pretty good at helping with questions they had. I ended up answering most of them. The meeting went on until there was a knock on the front door. I muted our end of the meeting and turned to Oscar.

"You finish up here, I think Bryan and the kids are here," I said before unmuting and getting up to answer the door.

I opened the door to see only Bryan standing at the door, without the kids. "Hey, where are the-"

"BOO!!" Both kids yelled as they jumped out from behind him. The action caused me to jump and put a hand on my heart.

"We got you, Uncle Sammy!" Theo laughed loudly.

"Yes, you guys did get me. That was very scary, why don't you go scare Uncle Oscar? He should be in the living room." I said causing them to cheer and run into the house. I looked at Bryan and nodded my head to invite him inside, but he shook his head.

"Sorry, but I gotta get going. Jessie is in one of her moods, so she shouldn't be left alone for too long." I nodded and watched as he all but sprinted to his car and drove off.

Jessica being in one of her "moods" just met that she wanted to take advantage of the house being free of toddlers. I shook my head and walked back into the house after closing and locking the front door.

In the living room, Oscar was laying on the ground with both kids on top of him, holding him down, while laughing.

"What are you kids doing to my brother?" I asked as I walked closer to them. Lizzy continued poking Oscar's side and moving his arms as Theo turned to me with a smile.

"We are sailing! Gonna go fish," he said causing me to shake my head with a smile.

⋉⋊

I quietly tiptoed into the living room to not wake up the kids or Oscar.

Once there I sat down on the couch and turned on some FewTube. But as per my luck, as I was scrolling a video began to play at full volume. I nearly dropped the remote as I tried to turn it off. Once the noise stopped, I froze and listened hard, trying to tell if the kids had woken up. I clenched my jaw when I heard a thump followed by pattering feet.

"Uncle Sammy? Can we watch Bluey?" Lizzy asked as she rubbed her eyes. I smiled softly and nodded.

"Yeah, but let's lay down too, it's too early for you to be awake," I said while I gestured to the clock, which read 4 am.

I hadn't been able to sleep since Lukas had come over.