CHAPTER FORTY-ONE

OSCAR

You would think that after talking with Bryan and the people that gave birth to me that I would be done with serious wolf talks. That I could finally focus on growing another human inside my body, but no. I had one more talk to take care of, probably the most important. We were telling Jessica and the kids about Duncan and Luke.

I smiled as there was a knock on the front door. "This is for sure the last talk right? I don't think I can take much more." Sam complained as I got up to get the door. I rolled my eyes at him as I opened the door, revealing Bryan, Theo, and the girls.

My smile grew as Lizzy tried to jump into my arms like normal but Bryan quickly caught her causing her to whine. "Why can't I hug him?" She demanded loudly.

Bryan looked at me for help, causing me to laugh. "I haven't been feeling the best lately, kiddo. I'm not very strong right now." I explained as we walked into the living room.

Theo quickly made his way to the coffee table where there were coloring books and crayons.

"It's good to see you, twins." Jess said playfully, causing my face to burn. I felt horrible for suddenly stopping our biweekly meetings, but it had just gotten so hectic with everything going on at Blue Water. "I don't believe we've met," She said looking at Luke and Duncan. "I'm Bryan's wife, Jessica. This is our son Theodore, and our daughter, Elizabeth-"

"Lizzy!" The little girl demanded with a pout causing me to laugh. It was funny to think of how much she hated her birth name, but I knew how it felt.

Sam and I quickly introduced Luke and Duncan to Jessica. "Alright," I began, "Now that everyone knows each other. It's time for that talk."

It was difficult trying to explain everything to Jess while the kids were pulling our attention away every few seconds. Thankfully, Jessica was a very smart woman and was able to quickly understand with no need to show her the guys' wolf forms.

What was even more difficult was trying to explain everything to the kids. At first we didn't want to tell them, but Sam and I knew that it was either that or we didn't see them during our pregnancies and I could not handle that. Thankfully all it took for them to understand was a few choice words and showing them the guys' wolf forms, I was very sad to see Duncan's nice flannel getting ripped due to the shift.

The easiest part of the entire afternoon was telling Jess and the kids that Sam and I were pregnant. Jess, of course, wanted more detail as to how male got pregnant. But after telling the kids, all they wanted was something to eat.

⋉⋊

The only time I ever truly liked shopping was when I was with people I cared about. Being around them when so many strangers were around made me feel safe. Although I didn't need to be scared due to living in a very progressive town.

Jessica, Samual, the kids, and I were out looking for things for the nursery. It took hours to get the kids to calm down after our talk, they kept asking for 'wolf rides' from Duncan and Luke. Which of course they gave them, but then the kids refused to get off.

"So," Jess began once we got the kids situated in their seats in the carts. "What kind of baby stuff are we looking for?"

"Well, Duncan and I are going with a gender-neutral theme, so I need furniture that goes with yellow." I said, causing Sam to gasp.

"Hey! What if the babies share a room?" I smiled widely at the idea. Sam and I had to share a room due to our family living in a small house but I loved spending so much time with my brother. It's what made our bond so strong, aside from the 9 months together in the womb. I nodded happily as we excitedly began talking about things we needed to get.

Looking back on it, I knew that we should've been talking about where the baby's room was going to be instead of items that would go into said room.

⋉⋊

"Welcome home," Duncan sighed happily as he helped me out of the car and pulled me into his arms. Ever since the kidnapping scare, he got very worried when I left the pack. So worried that he would send a few warriors to follow me, although he didn't know that I knew about them.

"Hey Cutie. Sam and I have a great idea." I said excitedly as Luke opened the back of the truck.

"Hey, why is there only one of everything?" He asked no one in particular before he turned to Sam with a frown. "Baby, I thought you were getting things for both babies?"

"What if," I began and waited until Luke looked at me, "our babies share a room?" I smiled happily at Duncan as Sam did the same to Luke.

Duncan smiled back at me but it was a sad smile. "I wish that was something that we could do, really, but it's not possible. Remember when I said that werewolves are territorial and protective?" He asked, causing me to nod. "Well, pups are one of the two things that werewolves are super protective over."

"The other being mates." I filled in sadly as I looked at the ground.

"I'm sorry, but I can't risk Rae taking over and attacking Luke or Sam if I have to get up in the middle of the night and they are also in the room."

I was sad that my baby wouldn't get to live with their cousin the way Sam and I did but I understood where he was coming from. On the bright side, it meant that Sam and I needed to go back to the store and get one more of everything we had already bought.