CHAPTER FORTY-FOUR

DUNCAN

I jolted awake to Oscar slapping my arm. I groaned and looked at the alarm clock on my bedside table to see it was almost three in the morning. "What's wrong?" I asked as I turned around in the bed to face him.

Oscar was sweating and panting while holding onto his baby bump. "Som-something is wrong. It hurts." He said before shouting in pain. The shout had me jumping out of bed and grabbing Oscar. The fact that we were both only in our underwear didn't even cross my mind as I ran us down the hall and out of the pack house.

Dr. James! I shouted through our mind link. Dr. James, we are on our way. Something is wrong.

My panic didn't leave but I sighed in relief when I saw a wide-eyed Dr. James as we came to her office. "Please, come in." She said quickly as she ushered me into the office. I followed her to the exam room as I could hear my heart pounding in my ears. I felt like my blood was frozen but like it was also moving so fast in my veins.

I put Oscar down on the exam table and gently ran my hands through his hair, trying to sooth him.

Dr. James put on some gloves and quickly came over to us. "What's wrong, Lunar? Talk to me."

Oscar groaned as he tried to roll on the table in pain but I gently kept him in place. "It's my stomach. It hurts so much. Am I losing the baby?" He asked as tears started to run down his face.

"Alright, Alpha I need you to take his boxers off." I was too worried with Oscar to be territorial over having my mate naked in front of someone else. I quickly did as she told me.

She moved his legs to set in foot holders that slid out from a compartment in the table. She sat down in a rolling chair and looked between his legs. Her face of worry quickly melted and she sighed in relief. "Lunar, Alpha. You are not losing the baby, you are about to have the baby."

That made Oscar's head snap up and look at her with wide eyes, "Like right now?!"

"You're about 8 centimeters dilated, so yes. You will be having the baby very soon. I wou-"

"Drugs. Get me drugs. Right. Now." He demanded causing her to quickly get out of her chair and grab the supplies.

"Alpha, I need you to help him onto his side and please don't watch. Lunar, this may hurt but it's the fastest way to stop the pain. Please try and pull your legs as close to your chest as possible." I did as she said and helped Oscar onto his side. To avoid looking at what she was doing, I knelt down and pressed my forehead to his.

"You ready to have our baby?" I asked softly to try and distract him.

"I don't think I have much of a- ow- choice." He said as he flinched.

"Alright, that should take about twenty minutes to fully set in. I'm sorry that we have to do this the natural way. I'm still trying to get all the equipment for Sam's C-section in two months."

It felt like hours before it was time for Oscar to start pushing. I could only imagine how long it felt for him.

Oscar yelled through a contraction as he squeezed my hand tightly. "You are not putting your dick in me for a year." He panted as his body sagged.

"Alright Lunar, it's time to start pushing." Dr. James said as she adjusted in her seat in between Oscar's legs. "So when you feel the next contraction, push hard."

Oscar nodded and took some deep breaths and squeezed his eyes shut as he yelled loudly. "Two years!"

After two more pushes, more screams, and an almost broken hand on my part, we were hearing the cries of our baby fill the room.

Oscar smiled as Dr. James placed our cleaned little girl on his chest. "Hi baby," he whispered softly to her as she wiggled around on him. "I'm your Dad," I watched with tears in my eyes as I looked at my family. Oscar's eyes shifted over the baby to look at me. "And this is your Papa."

I moved closer to him and gently crawled into the bed with him and looked at our baby girl. "Welcome home, Niko."