CHAPTER THIRTY-ONE

OSCAR

My hands shook in anger as Duncan drove towards the pack lands.

"I know that you are upset but I need you to promise me that you won't do anything that will hurt you or Bun. I need you both safe. So you can only use your words, deal?"

"Deal," I said causing him to nod.

"Good, now that you've agreed to that. Just after you called me, Luke linked me and told me that someone tried to take Sam too. They," He paused. "They called him Oscar."

He turned toward me as he pulled to a stop in front of the packhouse. I got out of the car and slammed the door shut, my rage growing impossibly bigger. "You should stay with me just in case. I'm not really sure of all I'm capable of at the moment, I've never been this angry before." I was so mad, I felt like I couldn't breathe. Her messing with me was one thing, I would have simply told Duncan when it got too bad. But she messed with my brother and no one messed with my brother.

"You!" I yelled as I found her in the pack living room, surrounded by her friends. She looked like she had been crying. Before I could get any closer to her, I felt Duncan's arms wrap around me to hold me in place. Madison jumped in surprise at my outburst and a look of shock spread on her face when she saw me.

"What are you doing here?!" She asked angrily but quickly changed her tone as she looked around at the others in the room. "I-I mean we heard the news about what happened, I'm so glad that you're alright Lunar."

"You've had a problem with me the moment I came here so what is it? You wanted me gone so bad that you tried to get me kidnapped? Only the people you hired fucked up and tried to take my fucking twin."

"I had nothing- you can't prove anything!" She tried and failed at defending herself.

"I don't have to, dipshit." I smiled at her, "You just did. What was it you told me a few weeks ago? I should disappear so Duncan can be with his 'real mate'. If I was gone what do you think would have happened? You could swoop in and heal Duncan's broken heart?"

As I spoke people began to step away from her, some had looks of disgust while others were just confused.

"But I have some advice for you Madison," I continued as I felt Duncan squeeze my waist in support. "You want something done right, you should just do it yourself. If you really want me gone that badly you're going to have to kill me because I'm not going anywhere. This is my pack, my home, and my mate. If you want what I have then you need to pry it from my cold dead fingers."

"M-Maybe I will next time." She said with fake confidence. Duncan growled a low warning at her as he glared at her over my shoulder. She lowered her head and shrunk into herself, trying to hide from his glare.

"Next time? No Madison. There are no more second chances, no more do-overs. You're gone Madison. Out of the pack." I said with a chuckle, I found it funny that she thought I would let her stay after the shit she had just pulled.

"You can't kick me out. Only Duncan has that power and he would never do that to his true mate." She scoffed at me causing my anger to surge yet again.

"I am the Lunar of this pack." I began as I took a step toward her, confidence was oozing from my pores. Ducan stepped forward with me and kept his grip on my waist. "Mate of Alpha Duncan Wood. I have as much power in this pack as he does, we are equal. Madison as of this moment you are no longer a member of Blue Water." I was nowhere close to it but I felt like the biggest person in the room as she shrunk under my gaze. I glared down at her with a look that could kill. "Now get the fuck off my land." I finished as I loomed over her cowering form. I was just a human, nowhere near a werewolf by any means. But at that moment, I knew that my growls would have shaken the house.

Madison was curled into herself, crouching on the floor. "D-Duncan?" she whimpered as she reached out a hand to try and grab his leg. "Please don't let him do this. Y-you know in your heart that we are meant to be."

Something in me snapped as I stomped my foot down on her hand. "What part of leave did you not understand!?" I snarled at her. "Don't look at him, look at me," I demanded. I began to struggle in Ducan's hold as he pulled me back away from her.

"Calm down," He whispered in my ear. "This much anger can't be good for Bun. Just breathe baby." He turned me around and held me close to him in a tight hug. I sighed as I felt my anger dissipate.

"You're right, I can't let my anger control me," I said as I took my arms from his chest and wrapped them around his neck.

"Good now that that's handled." He said as he lowered his voice. "Can I just say how hot that was? I didn't know anger could look so good baby."

I grinned at him, "You like it when I act tough, Cutie?" He chuckled at me and brought our lips together. The kiss was deep and steamy, I felt my pulse pick up as he lifted me into his arms. I wrapped my legs around him and pressed our bodies together. It was a little awkward with my small baby bump but we made it work.

"Why are you doing this to me?" Madison's crying broke up our kissing. I pulled away from Duncan and planted my feet on the ground. "First you take my mate, then my friends, and now my pack?" Tears fell from her eyes as she looked around at the people in the room. "Don't you see? He's not good for the pack, he-he." She stopped as someone stepped forward to stand next to her.

She smiled up at them as they helped her to her feet. "That's enough Madison. Lunar Oscar isn't going anywhere, but you are. You heard what he said, it's time for you to leave."