CHAPTER ELEVEN

DUNCAN

To say I was nervous about telling my pack about Oscar would be an understatement. Of course, I wouldn't tell them all about him, just that he was my mate, and he was a guy.

I didn't know how most of them would react to having two males lead them. I had a feeling that they might've been fine with Luke and Sam, but Oscar and I might be the cherry on top.

Pack meeting in thirty minutes. I have important news, so attendance is mandatory. I said through the pack link. I got multiple confirmations in return. I hated making mandatory pack meetings. It felt too strict, and I felt like my father- demanding things of my pack members because I was stronger, and they couldn't say no.

I know you're nervous, but we got this. All we have to do is get up on that stage and tell them that we have met the most important person in our life, and then we get off the stage. Luke will be right next to you the entire time, and I'll be up here right in your head. What could go wrong?

It's not just that Rae. It's everything. I know that Dad wasn't loved throughout the whole pack but there're still a lot of people that think that I should run things like him. This will just be another thing that I'm doing differently than him.

He is not you and you are not him. They cannot ask you to be him. He was not a good alpha nor was he a good father.

⋉⋊

The pack meeting room was a place that I had always loved. I wasn't sure if it was the atmosphere or the people, maybe it was because it showed how different I was from my father, who never held meetings.

The room was held in a large building next to the pack house, it was used for things other than meetings as well. It was similar to theater, with a stage and a backdrop for projecting movies. The chairs in the room were of very good quality, they reclined back for a more enjoyable viewing experience- but using them during a meeting was frowned upon because it showed disrespect.

"Now you may be wondering why I would call for a meeting so suddenly. Well, I am pleased to announce that we, my beta and I, have found our mates!" Cheers erupted from the crowd, and multiple hands began to shoot up for questions.

I pointed to one of them and they stood up to speak. "Where is your mate, alpha, and when will we get to meet her?" The person asked causing my brows to come together.

"Both of our mates are human. Luke's mate's name is Sammy, and he is a writer. My mate's name is Oscar, and he is an artist. And before anyone asks about it, yes, I did say 'he'. My mate, as well as Luke's, is male."

Voices of concern began to speak loudly, asking about what was to happen to the alpha line. They didn't stop until one pack member closest to the stage stood up. "Wait wait everyone!" He yelled, then looked to me for permission to speak.

"Go ahead Vernon," I nodded my approval, Vernon turned around, so he was facing the crowd of people. Vernon was one of our pack's researchers, in fact, he was the head researcher. He had a larger body type and short bleached hair that honestly, he did not pull off. His eyes were dark green, and he had a black beard.

"As some of you may know, most of my research nowadays has been on mates. Cases that are very rare and such. During my studies, I found cases of humans being mated to werewolves, something that has become very common for us. My research has shown that there is a case within this that is not as common. A female human gets paired with a male werewolf and in these rare cases the female becomes trans and the pair becomes a same-sex couple." He paused as he turned back around to face me. "It's the only logical explanation. The moon goddess would never pair two males together willingly. Obviously, your mates are sick and need help remembering who they are. Women."