CHAPTER TWENTY-NINE

SAMUAL

Even though Oscar's baby was in no way my first nibling, I was still very excited for Bun to join the family. So excited that I couldn't help but spoil them before they even arrived.

I had already filled two shopping carts that were being held for me at the front of the store. Although, one of those was full of diapers and wipes to help Oscar and Duncan out for the first few months.

I knew that the pack would help them as much as they'd allow but I wanted to help. I was Bun's Uncle, a title I would hold with pride.

"Do you need any help finding anything?" A worker said as she turned a corner and stepped toward me.

"I'm alright, thank you," I chuckled, "This is my third time around the store today so I'm about done." The worker chuckled, nodded, and walked away.

That was strange. I thought as I turned the cart and made my way to check out. The line went fast, even with all my items, but I'd rather not ever think of the giant bill again.

I had some store workers help me take the carts to my car, but I shooed them away when they asked if I needed help packing things in. I'm not exactly sure why I said no to them, I never liked being on my own in parking lots. It might have been all the cars driving or the people walking by, the whole thing just made me feel uneasy.

I yelped as someone grabbed me around my middle. "Don't just stand there! Hurry up and get him in the car!" Someone yelled from behind us, I heard a van door opening. I felt panic set in as the person began to drag me toward the van.

I struggled as I tried to get away from the person. "No!" I yelled, "Let me go! Help!"

"Shut up, Oscar." The person holding me, Grabber, said as he tried to put a hand over my mouth.

"Hey! What do you think you're doing!?" Grabber jerked as someone hit him in the head. He let go of me to hold the spot.

"Shit! We need to go!" The person from the van yelled. Before either myself or the person that helped me could stop him, Grabber jumped into the van and it sped off.

"Sam, are you alright? My name is Azul, I'm part of the pack. You sit in the car while I finish packing your things. Then I'll take you straight to Beta Luke." I held myself to try and stop shaking as Azul helped me into the car.

"Alright," Azul said as they got into the driver's seat. "I've already linked Beta Luke so he is going to meet us right outside the pack house."

I nodded numbly but didn't say anything as I was still trying to calm myself down. The ride to the pack was silent, Azul stopped trying to calm me down and just focused on getting me to my mate.

As we pulled up to the pack house I watched as Luke hastily jumped off the porch and ran toward us. The car hadn't even parked as he opened the door and pulled me into his arms.

Every fiber of my being began to calm down all at once. I let out a breath of relief as I tightened my hold on him.

"I am never letting you leave my sight again. I don't ever want us to be this scared again." He said into my hair, I nodded and nuzzled into his chest.

"Can we go to bed? I just want to forget, please Luke make me forget." I begged as I pulled my face away from him.

He had a look of concern but nodded, he picked me up and carried me through the house to our room. I pulled him on top of me as he set me down on the bed. I tried to kiss him, but he gently put a finger to my lips. "I don't think sex is a very good idea at the moment."

"B-but," I began to say but he cut me off.

"We don't have to talk about what happened right now, but it is something that we need to talk about. I need to know if you knew the people that tried to take you if they said anything."

I gasped and shouted, "Oscar! They called me Oscar, where is he?!"

Luke had a look of horror on his face as he said, "He left for his art studio an hour ago."