CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN

OSCAR

It seemed like every milestone in my and Duncan's relationship was happening out of order. The first date, him telling me we're mates which is basically marriage, I found out I was pregnant, and we were finally moving in together.

We would've done it sooner but everything just seemed more important. That and we also had to wait for Sam and Luke to be ready so I wouldn't leave him alone, even though he was at the pack house as much as I was.

I had always hated moving, it just seemed so pointless. Did I truly need all of those items? But then I see all my things set up in the new place and I knew that all of the hard work was worth it. I was honestly so excited to see my things set up next to Duncan's, to make the apartment in the pack house ours.

It had two bedrooms so Bun would have their own room. I still wasn't sure if I wanted us to have more kids, pregnancy so far hadn't been that much of a struggle, aside from the morning sickness. But I had to admit that I did sometimes have dreams about having a house full of kids.

Because the pack had trucks, we had no need for a moving company, just the boys each driving one. There was no rule that said the Alpha and Beta couldn't do a little work and move their mates' things.

Most of my art supplies were at my studio, so I really didn't have that much to pack. Sam, however, had so much stuff that we had to make one trip just for his things. Even after that, we could've filled another truck.

He had enough books to make a personal library. I honestly didn't know where he could've gotten the money for all of them. Although most of them were school books from college classes he was in.

I was thankful that I was pregnant, Duncan wouldn't let me do any lifting, the only thing he'd let me help with was packing the more minor, lighter items. So I was in charge of packing the trinkets and decorations around the house.

We were about halfway through packing up when Bryan showed up alone. Which was odd all on its own because he was almost never without the girls.

He curiously walked through the front door as Duncan and Lukas were about to carry our couch through it. "Hey guys, need a hand?" He asked as the boys put the couch down.

"No man, I think we got it handled. But I don't think we've met. I'm Lukas, Sam's boyfriend." Luke said while he held out a hand for Byran to shake.

"Nice to meet you," Bryan said as he took Luke's hand in a firm handshake. "I do hope that you're taking good care of my baby brother." His voice was stern as he playfully slapped Luke's shoulder.

"He is the best, Bryan," Sam said as he came up behind Luke and wrapped an arm around him. "As much as we like it when you visit, what are you doing here?" Byran's face dropped at the question.

"Unfortunately it's not with good news. I just got a call from our parents." As soon as the words left his mouth I was at Duncan's side.

I hated when Bryan would bring up our parents. I knew I could never ask him to leave them behind like Sam and I did. I mean the man named his son after our mom. It was just hard sometimes, seeing how happy he was with them still in his life.

"Sam, they're looking for you, and they're coming here next month. I didn't tell them your address but since your moving that wouldn't matter anyway. Where are you guys going anyway?"

"We're moving in with Duncan and Luke, they share a house not too far from here."

"Well, I'll you guys to it. I just wanted to let you know as soon as I could and figured it'd be better to tell you in person. Let me know what you guys want to do. I know that I didn't walk away from them but that doesn't mean that I won't stand next to you on whatever you decide to do about this."