CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX

OSCAR

Something that no book will ever tell you about pack life; how easy it is to forget you have a phone. Everyone is always around, so there's never a need to call them. And if someone isn't, they can just link them for me. So to say it's difficult to find Sam, someone who is almost never around others and a human, in the pack would be an understatement.

Maybe my pregnancy brain had already set in, making me forget that phones exist. Why did I need my phone? I was looking for Sam, honestly, I had forgotten what I even needed him for but was too focused on finding him to realize it.

As I was walking around outside, I noticed that girl from before following me with a few people. I think Duncan said that her name was Madison, she had her long brown hair in a ponytail, which made her blue glasses look bigger.

I stopped walking and turned around to look at her as she came to a stop a few feet in front of me. "What do you want now Madison? You're lucky that you're still even in this pack with how you've treated me."

"Easy there Luna, I just wanted to introduce you to some of my friends."

"It's Lunar and you know it," I said glaring, my face softened as I looked at the other girls she was with. One of them as at least a foot shorter than Madison while the other was almost a foot taller.

The taller one stepped forward and held out her hand. She had straight black hair that went to her waist, there were a few parts in braids with vines tied in. Her brown eyes were light and looked happy. "It's nice to meet you Lunar, my name is Ivy, and I'm Jacob's mate." I shook her hand and smiled.

"It's nice to meet you Ivy, I do hope that you're actually mated to Jacob. The last thing we need is another Madison situation." I joked causing her to laugh.

Ivy covered her mouth and shook her head while she tried to calm down her laughing. She held her hand out behind her and gestured for the other girl to step forward. She had a short pixie cut that was dyed purple, freckles littered her face, and they made her gray eyes pop. The girl held her hand out for me to shake. "I'm Emma, Luke's mate."

"Oh look another Madison situation," I said to Ivy causing her laughing to come back full force, I couldn't help but join her.

Our laughing was cut off by Madison huffing angrily. "You know what I was actually trying to be nice to you, and then you make fun of me. What Duncan and I have is real, you're the situation and soon you'll be nothing."

I gave Ivy a look that said to choose her side causing her to quickly step behind me. I looked at Madison and said, "Go ahead, say your piece. Explain to me how Duncan is your mate and not mine."

"Duncan and I have been together since we were 12 years old. His mother wanted him to be with me, not some whore from out of town that isn't even a werewolf like you. So why don't you and your freak of a twin just leave so that Luke and Duncan and be with their real mates."

Ivy gasped from behind me. "Madison! You can't talk to him like that, whether you like it or not he is the Lunar of this pack." I turned to her and smiled.

"It's alright Ivy, thank you though," I said before turning back to Madison and Emma. "If the two of you are truly Luke and Duncan's mates then why aren't you guys already together? Wouldn't they have also felt the pull? No, because the fact of the matter is that if you two were their mates, they would've been happy long before my twin and I showed up. So, the two of you need to get over your little crushes and leave our mates alone."

"You don't even know what you're talking about. You're just a human. You have no idea the complications that come with mating bonds." Emma spoke up.

"I don't? Because it seems pretty simple from where I'm at. Before I showed up, Duncan had no mate, then I came and he did. If Madison was truly his mate then why is it my mark on his neck and not hers? Better yet, why am I the one carrying his pup and she isn't?"

They were silent as I stood there waiting for an answer. I looked at Ivy who was looking at me in shock. "That was a little harsh don't you think?"

"Harsh gets harsh, if she had treated me better from the beginning I would have never said all that." I glanced at the girls before turning my back to them and smiled at Ivy. "Do you want to get some ice cream with me?" She nodded and we began our walk back to the pack house.

"So are you going to tell Duncan about that?" She asked after a few minutes of walking in silence.

"I don't need Duncan to handle my issues for me. If it goes too far I'll tell him, but I don't want his solutions to my problems to be kicking people out. If he does that then he won't have a pack to run."