CHAPTER THIRTY-SIX

OSCAR

I paced nervously in the pack house living room as Sam, Luke, and Duncan sat on the couch in front of me. Sam looked worried, probably about the same thing I was. Luke was staring at Sam with a look I couldn't name. Duncan's head kept going back and forth, following my movements.

"Bro, please stop your pacing, it's making me more nervous," Sam said with a strained voice.

"I don't know why you're so worried, it's not like you have to tell him that you're pregnant." I snapped but immediately apologized.

"I-I'm just worried for Luke and Duncan." I narrowed my eyes at him suspiciously, he was definitely hiding something.

"Sweetheart, why don't you come cuddle while we wait for your brother, I'm sure Bryan is almost here." I nodded at Duncan and took a deep breath before joining him on the couch, in his lap. "I know you're worried," he began to whisper to me, "but you have nothing to worry about. We are only telling him as a precaution about your parents coming here. If he's anything like you and your brother he will take the news wonderfully."

Sam and I jumped at the sound of knocking at the front door. We had already told the pack about Bryan coming so he wouldn't get spooked by a giant wolf casually walking past him.

I got off of Duncan so he could answer the door. I adjusted my hoodie to try and hide my bump. I didn't want to throw all the information at him all at once.

"Hey Duncan," Bryan greeted happily as he shook Duncan's hand. "Your guy's place is amazing, how did you get your hands on so much land?"

Duncan gestured Bryan inside where he chose a chair to sit while Duncan sat back down with me on the couch. "It's been in my family for years."

"So why did you invite me here and why could I not have brought the girls and Theo? I know that Lizzy would love that big yard you have," Bryan chuckled.

"We have some news we want to share with you," I began, "You can tell Jess once you get home but the kids can't know about it yet. It'd be a lot for them and it's a big secret, we all know how Lizzy is with secrets." Bryan nodded and listened intently as Duncan continued for me.

"The world is very different from how you know it. There is so much that you don't know, so much that hides in plain sight." I rolled my eyes and tapped him on the shoulder.

"We are sharing news with him, not trying to scare him." I scolded and looked at Sam for help.

"What Duncan is trying to tell you is that it's real. Werewolves, fairies, mermaids, all of them are real." My eyes widened at his bluntness.

"Sam! We were supposed to ease him into it, not throw him in the deep end!" I looked at Bryan who was staring at all of us like we each had three heads.

"Very funny guys but how about you tell me why I'm actually here," Bryan said as he slightly came out of his shock.

"He's right, Bryan. Luke and I are werewolves and we are very much real."

"Guys this isn't funny. Boys, I don't feel comfortable with you living with people that think this." Bryan said worriedly as he stood up from his seat.

Duncan stood up slowly and held his hands out in front of him. "Before you start saying that we are sick or delusional, let me show you, prove it to you." I stood up and walked over to Bryan. I smiled and nodded at him as I took his arm in my hand and guided him to the front yard.

Bryan, Sam, and I took our seats on the porch steps as Duncan and Luke walked a few yards away. They took off their shirts but left on the rest of their clothes, they each wore a cheap pair of basketball shorts.

Bryan cringed at the sound of bones breaking as the boys shifted to their wolf forms. He jumped as they finished shifting and their wolves stood in their places. "What the fuck?" he said causing me to laugh.

Rae happily trotted over to me and tried to nuzzle into my chest, but Bryan held his arm in front of me protectively. Rae huffed at the arm and gently took Bryan's hand into his mouth and moved it to his own lap, he nodded and sighed happily as he nuzzled into me.

I giggled as his nose began to tickle my stomach, but I didn't move fast enough as he managed to lift my hoodie and lick my stomach. Bryan gasped loudly and shouted, "What happened?!" He jolted up to stand over us.

His sudden movements startled Rae as he wedged himself between Bryan and me and growled lowly. I gently ran my hands through the fur on the top of his head and whispered, "Best behavior Rae, we talked about this." I looked up at Bryan and sighed, "I didn't want to tell you this until everything else had settled in more. But werewolves have, um-" Sam cut me off as he gently petted Roen's head that was in his lap.

"They have super spunk." He grinned.

"Seriously, stop talking," I said as I shook my head and looked back at Bryan. "Werewolves can get males pregnant, humans and other species."

"How do you know that they can for sure and your not a special case, cause you know." He said referring to me being trans.

"Because I'm pregnant too," Sam said as if it was something that everyone already knew.