CHAPTER TEN

LUKAS

Going to new places on my own always made me nervous. How did I know that the person who gave me directions didn't set me up? Of course, if there was anyone that I should've put my trust in, it was Sam. He was my mate, but he didn't know that- or what it meant.

I was going to Sammy's house to get to know him better. I couldn't wait to cuddle with him.

I let out a calm breath as I pulled my car to a stop and got out. As I began walking up the sideway toward his house, I stopped when a familiar scent made its way into my nose. The smell was dominant and strong, someone had made it clear that this was their territory, and I knew exactly who it was. What I didn't know was why.

That question was answered when I turned toward the sound of a truck door being slammed shut. I watched as Duncan walked around his truck and all but skipped his way to the sidewalk, he stopped when he saw me.

"What are you doing here?" we both asked simultaneously.

"I'm here to see Sam," I said as I pointed to the front door of the address that Sam had texted me.

Duncan nodded and gestured for me to walk to the door first. "That makes sense, Oscar did say that he lives with his twin. I need to talk to you when we're both done hanging out. We should probably leave at the same time."

I nodded at him as I knocked on the door. Oscar opened the door which had Duncan all but tackling him. Oscar giggled loudly as Duncan lifted him off the ground in a hug. "I know I saw you only a few days ago but it feels like forever," I heard Oscar whisper to Duncan. He glanced up from Duncan's shoulder and noticed me. "Oh, hello," He said as he pulled away from Duncan. "Can I help you?"

"He's for me!" Sammy cheered from further into the house. The sound of his voice caused my heart to swell. If I had a tail, it would've been wagging. He came out from around a corner and smiled at me. "Take your shoes off and come in," he said as he held out his hand.

I quickly did as he said and followed him as he pulled me through the house into a bedroom.

Once inside the bedroom, I awkwardly stood in the middle of the room as Sam climbed into the bed over the covers.

"Wow, I love your room. It's like a cave," I said as I looked around. The room was very nice, it had dark blue walls with light blue circles spaced out. The floors looked to be wooden with beautiful grains. A large white fuzzy circle rug was placed under his bed. The windows were covered by blue blackout curtains. Fake plants and white fairy lights covered the ceiling and hung down some of the walls. There was a corner desk in the farthest corner of the room, and next to it was his bed. Across from his bed, as soon as you walk in, was the TV on a bookshelf.

Sam laughed, "Thanks, but can you stop looking around and come sit down?" he said as he patted the spot next to him.

⋉⋊

"I had a great time, hopefully, we can do it again sometime," I asked as Sammy stood with me at the door. He smiled at me but there was a glint in his eye.

"I did have a good time," Roen perked at the feeling of Sam's hand on my chest. Sam's hand ran up to the middle of my chest, "I just couldn't help but notice," and he pushed me up against the closed front door. "You haven't tried to make a single move on me. Why?" He asked as he stepped closer, so we were pressed against each other.

"W-well it's not that I didn't want to," I said nervously. Sam hummed as he brought his face closer to mine.

"So, it'd be alright for me to just kiss you now?" He basically purred into my ear causing a shiver to make its way down my spine. Before I could stop myself, I flipped our positions and brought our lips together. Sam hummed happily and kissed me back.

The kiss got heated quickly as I ran my hands down his body until I was cupping his ass. He wrapped his arms around my neck and hopped off of his heels, so I grabbed his thighs and picked him up. He tightly wrapped his legs around my waist as I pressed him into the door with my body.

He ground his hips against mine which caused my eyes to roll back. "Please," he begged softly against my lips. I pulled my lips from his and brought my mouth to his ear, softly nibbling at it as I began to grind against him.

"Please what?" I whispered softly, he must've liked it because he threw his head back and moaned. Our hips never stopped moving against each other, it was like they had a mind of their own.

I growled lowly as the fresh scent of others came into my nose. "Sam!" Oscar screeched in horror. I quickly put Sam down on his own feet but kept him between me and the wall.

Not wanting to leave him after connecting the way we had, I took off my jacket and draped it over Sam's shoulders. He gave me a confused look, but I shook my head and spoke. "Please just keep it on for a bit?"

Sam nodded and held the jacket closed with his hands; it was big enough that it covered his arousal. The act caused Roen to lick his lips. I kissed his forehead and looked behind me at Duncan. Once we made eye contact, I nodded at him and turned back to Sam. "Call me, yeah?" I asked. He nodded in response and then I took my leave.

I waited for him by his truck for about five minutes before Duncan finally made his way out of Oscar and Sam's place.

"Took you long enough," I joked once he was close enough.

"Sorry, I was using words to say goodbye to my mate, not my dick." He snapped back. "Anyway, what I wanted to talk to you about was telling the pack about our mates. You know, since you and Sam have clearly gotten closer."

"My goddess. Yes, I made out with Sam. Yes, things got a little heated. But don't you dare look me in the eye and say that you didn't do the same fucking thing when you and Oscar first kissed." I said causing his eyes to find the sky very interesting. "But yeah, let's tell the pack about them. As long as I got you by my side, everything will be fine."