chapter 4

We're laid naked under the covers in my bed. "Meredith guess what" he says. "Mhm?" I look at him. "I get to see my daughter tomorrow" he smiles. "Oh, that's great" I say.

"I have to bring her to work though, because I can't get a day off" he says. "I bet she'll just be happy to see her dad" I say. "I'm so excited" he says. I smile.

"You might even get to see her if you're lucky" he says. I giggle. "Well, I'd have to be really really lucky" I say. He nods. We both chuckle.

His phone rings. "Please don't be work" he sighs, picking it up. "Hello" he says. "Oh hi.. yeah, put her on the phone" he smiles. I look at him.

"Hi baby! Are you okay?" His face immediately lights up as he talks to his daughter. I smile. "I miss you too" he says. "I'll see you tomorrow" he says. "I love you.. bye" he says.

He puts his phone aside. "Its so cute how you talk to her" I say. He smiles. "She's perfect" he says. "I bet she is" I say.

"What about your baby's dad?" He asks. I look down. "H-he isn't a very nice person" I say. "He didn't.." he trails off.

"No.. not really" I say. "Not really?" He asks. "I was dating him for two months.. he kind of pressured me into sleeping with him but it wasn't like he raped me.. he'd just not talk to me if I didn't have sex with him, so I just did" I say.

"I'm sorry meredith, that's horrible" he says. "Mhm" I shrug. "Was he ever violent with you?" He asks. "He pushed me.. when he found out I was pregnant.. I didn't get hurt but it was scary" I say.

"Are you still in contact with him?" He asks. "He keeps leaving voicemails on my phone.. kind of threatening me" I say. "You should tell the police" he says. I shake my head.

"I'm so scared of him.. he's taller and bigger than me" I say. "Is he bigger than me?" He asks. "No, you're bigger" I say. "Will you call me if he ever comes over here?" He asks.

"Why?" I ask. "Meredith you're pregnant.. and we're friends.. I want to know that you're okay" he says. "Okay, I'll call you.. thankyou" I smile small.

"And you call me if that ex-wife of yours ever bothers you, okay?" I say. "Okay" he laughs. I giggle.

"What's his name?" He asks. "James" I say. "Does he work around here?" He asks. "No" I shake my head.

"What about when your baby is born?" He asks. "He's not going to be involved at all.. I'm not putting my baby in danger" I say.

"Derek" I say. He looks at me. "You won't tell anyone about this, will you? The only person I've told is cristina" I say. "I'd never tell anyone" he says. "Thankyou" I say.

"I'm just telling you because we're friends, right?" I say. "Right" he smiles. "Do you have a picture of him?" He asks. "I deleted them all" I shake my head.

"That makes me so angry.. that he'd force you into it" he says. "It wasn't that bad.. but it really hurt when he was doing it" i say. "Why?" He asks. "He used the condoms that I'm allergic to.. I told him but he said its the only ones he likes" I say.

"Oh my god" he says. "Yeah, I think it was the gel thing on them that I was allergic to.. it really hurt" I say. "Its not the ones we use.. is it?!" He asks. "No" I say. "You'd tell me if I hurt you, wouldn't you?" He says. I nod.

"Listen, if I ever make you uncomfortable then I'll stop as soon as you tell me to.. okay? Even if its just me kissing you when you don't want to.. tell me" he says. "I will" I say.

"You don't see me in a different way now, do you?" I ask. "No, of course I don't" he says. I smile.

"Can I see more pictures of your daughter?" I ask. "Yes!" He grins, grabbing his phone. I giggle, watching as he scrolls through the pictures and videos of her.

"She's adorable" I say. "She is" he smiles. I cuddle into him, resting my head on his chest. He wraps his arm around my shoulder.