chapter 19

We're laid naked in my bed after sex. "Was that okay? Are you okay?" He looks at me. I smile, nodding. "Good, I didn't hurt your back?" He asks. "No, I'm good" I say. He smiles.

The doorbell rings. "Oh, not now" I whine, sitting up. He sits up too. "Daddy, what noise?" Scarlett asks over the baby monitor. We chuckle.

He turns it on. "Its just the doorbell, baby" he says. "Daddy Daddy Daddy!" She giggles. "Can you get the door? Is that okay? I'm gonna get scar" he asks. "Yes" I say, putting on my clothes. He does too and we both go.

I open the door. "James, what the hell are you doing here?" I ask. I'm not scared. Derek's here. "I went out with a girl last night" he says. "Poor her" I say.

"She was nowhere near as pretty as you" he says. "Mhm" I say. "Will you let me take you out tonight?" He asks. "No" I say.

"Meredith" he says. He's getting angrier by the second. "I'm not going out with you.. I dont like you" I say. He steps towards me.

"Derek!" I yell. "What the hell" he furrows his brows. "Did I forget to mention that he's here? Sorry" I say sarcastically.

Derek walks downstairs with scarlett. He passes me her and grabs james' arm, pushing him outside. I go with scarlett to the kitchen so she can't see.

"What do you want for breakfast sweetheart?" I ask. "Bwuebewwy pancake!" She claps her hands. "Okay" I smile.

I hear the door close. He wraps his arms around me from behind, kissing my cheek. I smile. "Are you alright?" He asks. "Yeah" I nod.

"Can you make little lady some blueberry pancakes?" I hug scarlett. She giggles. "Of course I can" he chuckles.

"Why don't you go sit down, relax and I'll make breakfast?" He asks. "Okay" I smile. I pick up scarlett and we sit next to eachother on the couch.

He comes over a little while later with the pancakes. He kneels on the floor infront of her. "Here you go my love, do you want anything to go with them?" He puts the plate on her lap. "No thanks daddy" she says.

She starts eating them. "Do you like?" He asks. She nods. "Good" he says.

He walks back to the kitchen. He comes back and hands me a plate too. "Thankyou" I smile. I eat it. "Do you like it?" He asks. "Yes" I nod. "Good.. do you want anything with it?" He asks. "Golden syrup please" I say. He grabs some and hands it to me. "Thanks" I say.

I feed him a bite off my fork. He eats it. "Mhm" he smiles. "Daddy!" Scarlett yells. He looks at her. She holds up her fist that is full of pancake. He takes a bite of hers too. "Thankyou baby" he chuckles. I giggle.

"I finished" she puts her plate aside. He picks her up. She sits on his lap, facing him. He grabs a tissue and wipes her hands and mouth.

"I play now" she says. I got her some new toys that she can keep at my house for when she stays here. Derek puts her down. She sits on the floor with the toys and plays.

He puts his hand on my thigh. I look at him. He smiles. I kiss him. "Daddy" scarlett says. "Yes baby?" He looks at her. She holds her arms open. He stands up. He picks her up. She hugs him.

He growls, kissing her cheek playfully. She giggles. He sits back down next to me. She sits on his lap. She smiles, watching him as he watches TV. I hope my baby loves me as much as she loves Derek.

He looks down at her. "What are you looking at?" He grins, kissing her nose. She giggles. He tickles her stomach. She tries to wriggle out of his arms, pulling his hands away. He laughs. I smile. He stops.

"Daddy" she frowns. "Scarlett" he makes the same face. She giggles. He whispers something into her ear. I furrow my brows.

"Daddy said you'we cute" she looks at me. I giggle. I look at him. He whispers something else to her. "And he wants kiss" she says. I kiss his cheek. He shakes his head. I giggle, kissing his lips.

Scarlett sighs. I look at her. "You always take my daddy" she crosses her arms over her chest. "I'm sorry" I say. "Don't be jealous" Derek chuckles, hugging her.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to.. maybe you should go home and hang out with her tonight" I say seriously. "You're just kidding baby, aren't you?" He picks her up, looking at her. She giggles, nodding.

"Are you actually? Because I don't want you to actually think that I'm taking time away from you and your daddy" I say. "I just kidding!" She says.

"I wove mer" she kisses my cheek. "You need to stop worrying so much" Derek hugs me. I smile. "I just don't want to get in your way" I say. "I like you, meredith.. you're not getting in my way at all" he says. I kiss him.

"Daddy" scarlett says. He looks at her. "I funny?" She asks. "Hilarious baby" he says. She giggles, clapping her hands happily. We chuckle.

"I wove you daddy" she says. "I love you too scar" he hugs her. "I wove mer" she says. I lean over and kiss her cheek.

"I don't annoy you?" I ask. She shakes her head. "You nice" she says. I giggle. Derek kisses her head.

He leans in. I kiss him softly. "What do you wanna do tomorrow baby?" He looks down at her. "Sweepy" she mumbles tiredly. "How do you get so tired so fast?" He chuckles. "She's a baby" I say. She nods in agreement.

"I think we talk about tomowow" she says. "Okay, we can talk tomorrow, I'm gonna take you to bed" he picks her up. She hugs his neck.

"Say night to meredith" he says. "Night" she mumbles. "Goodnight sweetheart" I say. He takes her upstairs. I smile, laying back on the couch. I turn the tv onto my favourite chanel instead, waiting for him to come back down.