chapter 15

Derek's pov:
I go straight to the guest bedroom after I wake up. I walk in. "Hi monkey" I smile. She's sat up on the bed, staring at the wall.

"Scar?" I sit next to her. She looks at me. "I thinking" she says. "Oh, sorry" I smile. She smiles. I kiss her head.

"How are you today?" I ask. "Ok" she says. "Scar" I pick her up, sitting her on my lap. I look into her eyes. "I okay" she smiles.

"So what are you thinking? About me and meredith" I ask. "I like mer.. and I like you" she says. I chuckle softly.

"Do you want me to stop seeing her?" I ask. "I want mommy with you" she says. "That's not gonna happen darling.. she doesn't want to be with me anymore" I whisper.

"Well.. I like mer also" she says. "Yeah?" I smile. "She make you happy?" She asks. I nod. "But listen baby, me and meredith are friends.. we're not like mommy and mark" I say.

"You kiss fwiends?" She furrows her brows. "No monkey, it's complicated" I shake my head. "Huh?" She asks. "We're not actually together.. but we like eachother" I say. "Oh" she says. "Do you understand?" I ask. She nods. "I'm thinking I do" she says.

"I love you so much" I chuckle, hugging her. She giggles. "I Wove you too daddy" she says. "Do you forgive me?" I ask. "Of course" she says.

"Do you forgive meredith too?" I ask. "Yes" she says. "Will you go and give her a hug? She thinks you're mad at her" I ask. She nods. I put her down. She runs to her room. I follow.

"Mer" she pulls on her arm that's hanging off of the bed. "Mhm?" She sits up slowly. She smiles. Scarlett reaches up to her. She picks her up.

Scarlett hugs her. She looks at me, smiling brightly. I smile back at her. She hugs scarlett back tight. They pull away. "I not mad" scarlett says.

"So we're friends still?" She asks. "Of course! I wove you" she says. She grins. "You're such a sweetheart" she kisses her nose. Scarlett giggles. I chuckle softly.

"I explained it to her and she understands.. don't you scar?" I sit next to them. She nods. "You fwiends but like eachothers more" she says. Meredith smiles. "Exactly" she giggles.

"I need to go.. we have no spare clothes and I'm already late for work" I say. "Oh, okay" meredith puts scarlett down.

"Bye bye mer" scarlett waves at her. "Bye sweetie" meredith chuckles. I grab my stuff quickly. "I'll see you at work" I smile. "Okay" she smiles. I hold scarletts hand and we leave.

------

I'm at work. Scarlett is in daycare. I'm stood at the nurses station and meredith is sat on one of the chairs opposite me.

"No, don't do that!" Meredith giggles, snatching her ID back off of me as I doodle on it. "Derek" she whines. "Oh, you love my drawings" I grin. She chuckles.

"I thought you were supposed to be a brain surgeon.. why is the drawing so scribbly and shaky?" She laughs. "Shut up" I gasp.

"Derek" she whispers. I look behind me. "Addie" I say. "Hi" she smiles. "What are you doing here?" I ask. "I'm picking up scarlett" she says. "Like hell you are.. its been two days.. you said I have her for the week" I say.

"Me and Mark got in a fight.. I just want to see my baby please" she says. "I thought you were away for a surgery" I say. She looks down. I chuckle in disbelief.

"You can get her back in a week" I say. "Derek" she says. "I don't give a fuck about you and Mark.. but you're not going to mess my daughter around for a week of sex" I say.

"Please" she says. "No" I say. She walks away. "You okay?" Meredith asks. "Of course" I smile small.

"Ooh" she says. "What?" I ask. I turn back around. "Have you been seeing anyone?" Addison asks. "Its none of your business" I say. "Because the past two times I've come here, I've seen you with her" she looks at meredith.

"Addison" I say. "Are you sleeping with anyone right now?" She asks. "..yes" I say. "Then what's the difference between you doing it and me doing it?" She asks.

"Because I wouldn't just toss my kid to the side for sex.. and you cheated on me with Mark.. I'm sorry, did you want my support in your relationship?" I say. "I didn't toss her aside!" She yells.

"Derek" meredith says. I look back at her. I realise that we're making a scene. "Just get lost Addison.. I'll see you in a week" I say. She walks away.

"Sorry" I say, turning back around. "You sure you're okay? You just told your ex-wife you're having sex with another woman" she says. "That felt good actually" I smile. She chuckles. "I bet it did" she grins.

My pager goes off. "You coming, intern?" I walk away. I look back at her. She glares at me but follows me. I grin.