chapter 23

I wake up in the morning when I feel something on me. I open my eyes slowly. I grin as I see meredith straddling my waist.

I smile, staring at her naked breasts. She leans down and kisses me. "Good morning" she says. "Good morning beautiful"

"Do you want to shower with me?" She asks. "I'd love to" I grin. We get up and go to shower in the bathroom.

Meredith and me are doing our hair in the bathroom mirror when scarlett walks in. "Hi" I smile. She hugs my leg. I finish doing my hair quickly before picking her up.

"How did you get in here?" I ask. "I step on box and open door" she says. "Clever girl" I kiss her cheek. She smiles. She looks so tired.

She wipes her eyes with her hands. "Morning sweetie" meredith kisses her cheek. "Hi mewedith" she yawns. I chuckle softly.

"Oh baby, why don't you get a bit more sleep?" I ask. She shakes her head. "You want me to help you get ready?" I ask. She nods.

I take her downstairs and grab the bag of clothes addison packed her. "Um" I look at them all. "Meredith!" I yell. She walks downstairs.

"Can you help? I dont know what to dress her in" I ask. She chuckles, nodding. She kneels next to us on the floor. "This would look beautiful on you" she hands me a dress.

I put it on her. "With these" she hands me some shoes. I put them on her too. "And.." she turns her around. She quickly ties her hair into two French plats. She adds two bows onto the bottoms of each braid.

"What do you think?" Meredith shows her a mirror. "Oh my day!" She says shocked. We smile at eachother. Meredith kisses her cheek.

"Don't play with it too much.. it'll fall out" meredith says. "Ok" she says. She hugs her.

"Derek, are you still coming with me?" She stands up. "Of course I am.. is scar okay to come too?" I ask. She nods. I pick her up.

Meredith slips her shoes on. I put mine on. We go out to the car and I drive us all to the hospital.

--------

We're in the room and meredith is having her ultrasound. I'm holding her hand. Scarlett is sat on the floor playing with one of her toys.

"Do we want to know the gender yet?" The nurse asks. Meredith looks at me. "Don't look at me" I chuckle. She giggles.

"Do you think I should know?" She asks. "If you want to, mer" I say. "I do" she says. "You sure?" The nurse asks. She nods.

"You are having.. a baby girl" the nurse says. "A girl?" Meredith smiles brightly. The nurse nods. She looks at me. "A girl" I smile at her.

"Are you happy?" I brush her hair out of her face. She nods enthusiastically. I smile wider. I kiss her lips softly.

I pull away slowly. "And the Baby's healthy? Everything's okay?" I look at the nurse. "Take a look for yourself" she shows us the screen.

We both gasp quietly. I smile, looking at her as she stares at the screen in amazement.

Scarlett tugs on my leg. "Look sweetie, that's merediths baby" I pick her up. "Weally?" She asks. Meredith nods.

I hug scarletts small waist as she stands infront of me, next to meredith on the bed. I kiss her cheek softly.

"Oh, this isn't your baby?" The nurse asks. "No, I'm a.. friend" I say. "Oh.. friend" the nurse says, sounding confused. "Its complicated" meredith giggles.

Meredith sits up and sorts out her clothes. "Come here sweetheart" she hugs scarlett, picking her up and standing up. Scarlett hugs her neck.

"Careful" I take some of scarlett's weight off of her. "I can hold her" she rolls her eyes. "Just be careful, okay?" I kiss her softly. She nods.

"Thank you" she smiles at the nurse. The nurse smiles back. We leave. "So.. you have girl?" Scarlett plays with merediths hair as she carries her. "Yep" she smiles. scarlett claps her hands happily.

"Are you happiest now?" She asks. "I'm really happy" meredith says. I take scarlett from her and put her in her car seat. I close the door.

I smile, putting my hands on merediths cheeks. She kisses me passionately. She wraps her arms around my neck. I run my hands down, resting them on her stomach.

She pulls away slowly. "I want you to stay at my house tonight" she says. "Yeah?" I smile. She nods. "We can celebrate together?" She asks. "Of course" I kiss her again softly.

I open the car door for her and she gets in. I get in and I drive her home. Me and scarlett decide to do a little bit of shopping.