chapter 10

I wake up in dereks arms naked. I smile, rolling over to face him. He's still asleep. I run my fingers through his hair.

He opens his eyes slowly. I close mine quickly. "Saw you" he says. I giggle, opening my eyes.

"Were you watching me sleep?" He smiles. "No" I roll my eyes. "Creep" he says. I grin.

"Quickie before work?" I smirk. "Oh, definitely" he rolls ontop of me, pinning my hands above my head. He kisses me.

-----

I laugh at something he says as we walk through the hallways at the hospital, just talking.

"Scarlett?" He furrows his brows. We both look at George, who's holding her. "Dada!" She giggles happily, reaching out to him.

"Dr shepherd, thank god" George says. Derek picks her up. "Your ex-wife dropped her off here.. and said you have to watch her for the week.. she has to go away for the week for a surgery or something" he says.

"Surgery?" He scoffs. "You not happy?" Scarlett pouts. "Of course I'm happy, baby.. I'm always so so soooo happy to have you stay with me" he kisses her cheek.

"I'm just mad that mommy didn't tell me" he says. He definitely doesn't think that she's away for a surgery. Neither do I.. she's with Mark.

"You can stay with me for now but later you need to go to daycare for a few hours because I have a surgery tonight" he says. She sighs. "She'll probably sleep here all night" he sighs.

"I can take her home with me if you want.. so she can get some proper sleep" I say. He smiles at me. "I'm just worried about if the guy shows up" he whispers. "Oh, right" I say.

"Will you please just promise not to open the front door to anyone, unless you know who it is?" He asks. "Of course derek, I'm not stupid" I say. "Then.. can you?" He asks. I smile, nodding. scarlett giggles happily.

"I've got to go.. rounds" I say. "No, mer stay" scarlett says. "Bye sweetie.. sorry" I say. She sighs. I walk away.

Dereks pov:
I walk out of the scrub room. I smile at meredith as she walks out after me. "That was fun" I say. "Thanks for letting me scrub in" she says.

She steps closer to me. I look to see if anyone is around. They're not. She kisses me. "Meredith" I put my hands on the sides of her stomach, pulling away slowly. She wraps her arms around my neck, kissing me again.

"You think you've got an extra ten minutes spare?" She whispers. "Yes" I look at her now red lips. The scrub door opens and we pull apart quickly.

We casually walk next to eachother down the hall. "Dr grey" I open the on-call room door. "Dr shepherd" she grins, walking in. I walk in after her.

Merediths pov:
We put on our clothes. He kisses me. I smile. "I'm just going to say bye to scar and you'll take her home after?" He asks. I nod.

We go to the daycare. Scarlett runs over to us immediately. "Hi my love" he picks her up, kissing her head. "Dada! I miss you" she hugs him. "I missed you too" he chuckles softly.

"Are you excited to stay with meredith?" He asks. "Yes!" She nods. I smile. She reaches out to me. I pick her up. "Thanks" he holds my hand. "That's okay" I say. He kisses her cheek. "I love you" he says. "Wove you daddy" she says. He leaves.

I take her back to my house. We sit on the couch. "So.. what do you want to do?" I ask. She shrugs. She climbs onto my lap. She puts her hand on my stomach. "Kick" she says. I smile. "The baby's asleep" I say. She sighs.

"I wanna play with it" she says. I laugh. "You can when it's born" I say. "Will it be fwiend with me?" She asks. "Definitely" I tuck her hair behind her ear. She smiles.

"Can I have ipad?" She asks. I look into her bag that Derek gave me. I give it to her. She sits next to me and plays on it.

"Look" she says. I look at the screen. I smile as I see a picture of derek. She scrolls through the camera roll and stops at a video.

"Hi! I get ipad for cwistmas" scarlett holds the ipad infront of her, talking to it like she's vlogging. I chuckle, watching.

"This mommy and daddy" she shows derek and Addison, stood infront of the tree. My smile fades instantly as I see them kissing.

They pull away and look at the camera. "Hi!" Derek waves. Scarlett giggles. She screams as he runs towards her and picks her up. She giggles hysterically as he kisses her cheek a bunch of times.

He takes the camera and records them instead as they sit on the couch. "Do you like your present, baby?" He asks. She nods. He smiles as Addison sits on his lap and kisses his cheek. The video stops.

Scarlet looks at me, smiling. "That's cool" I put on a smile, hugging her. "This me when baby" she shows me a picture of her as a baby. "Oh, you're so cute" I say. She giggles.

I furrow my brows, twiddling my thumbs. Why the hell did him kissing her affect me so much?