chapter 16

There's a knock on the door. I'm sat in the living room. I look at the door. I'm scared. "Meredith it's me.. are you there?" I hear derek say. I let out a breath. I open the door.

"I was worried it was james" I say. "Sorry.. sorry for just coming over like this but I wanted to see you" he says. "No, thats okay" I smile.

"Come in" I say. He walks in. "Scar is back with addison" he says. "Oh" I say.

"Do you wanna go on a date with me?" He steps towards me. I look into his eyes. "No, thats breaking the rules" I say.

"Meredith" he smiles, putting his hand on my waist. "You don't wanna date me, derek" I say. "Why not? I'm already sleeping with you" he says.

"I'm good in bed.. but you don't wanna date someone who's pregnant with someone else's child" I sit on the back of the couch. He steps closer again.

"I don't care about that.. just go out with me" he says. "You don't care about my baby?" I gasp. "That's not- you're teasing me" he says. I giggle, nodding.

"You have a kid.. I'm about to.. its not a good idea" I say. "It still doesn't change our deal.. 2 months" he says. "It's a bad idea" I say.

"Why is it a bad idea?" He asks. "Because you'll fall in love with me" I smile. He tilts his head to the side. I giggle. "I'm irresistible" I say. He chuckles.

"Meredith" he says. "Okay fine, one date.. sex after and-" I stop. "What?" He asks. "You can't fall in love with me" I grin. "I will try my very best" he says. I giggle.

"I don't have anything to wear" I sigh. "Came prepared" he walks out of the house. I watch him go to his car. He comes back.

"Derek" I smile as he hands me a black maternity dress. It's very sexy for a maternity dress, though. "Do you like it? You don't have to wear it" he says. "I love it" I say.

"Try it on" he says. "Okay" I giggle. I walk away. "Where are you going?" He asks. "To- Oh, you've seen me naked" I giggle. He chuckles.

I pull off my clothes infront of him. I put the dress on. I turn around. He zips it up for me.

I turn back around. I pull my hair out of its bun. "You look.. perfect" he puts his hand on my cheek. "Do you wanna just stay here and.. fuck on the couch instead?" I hold his hands. "I'm taking you out" he says. "Fine" I sigh.

"How much was the dress?" I ask. "You're not paying me back.. go and get ready" he says. I sigh harder, going upstairs.

I curl my hair, put some makeup on and grab my bag. I put on a pair of black heels and go downstairs.

"You look beautiful" he says. I smile small. "Come on, cheer up please.. it'll be a good date, I promise" he says. I smile wider. "Okay" I say.

"You look really good" I put my hand on his chest. He's wearing a dark brown button up shirt with black trousers. He kisses me softly.

I entwine our fingers. "You ready then, Yeah?" He asks. "Well, I assume you're paying.. so I don't need my purse" I say. "Oh, really?" he chuckles. I grin. "I'm paying" he says.

We walk outside and get in his car. He drives us to a restaurant. We get seated and soon order our food.

I giggle, looking down as he stares at me, resting his chin on his hand. I blush. "Stop" I grin. "Tell me something" he says. "About what?" I ask. "About you" he says.

I look at him. "What about me?" I ask. "Anything.. your family?" He asks. "I'm not really close with my mom, my dad left when I was young and married a woman called Susan and I have a half sister that I met two years ago called lexie" I say.

"Wow" he says. I giggle, nodding. "Yep" I say. Our food arrives. "Thankyou" he says to the waitress. "You're welcome" she smiles before walking away.

"Tell me something else" he says. "You want to know something else?" I lean closer to him. He nods. "That waitress was checking you out" I say. "No she wasn't" he chuckles.

"She's pretty" I say. "You're pretty" he says. I chuckle. "Why don't you ask her out?" I ask. "Why would I do that?" He asks. "Because I'm pregnant.. and she's not" I say.

"I asked you out because I like you" he says. I smile. "Okay, sorry" I say. His phone starts ringing. "Oh, sorry" he says. "Is it scarlett?" I ask. He nods.

"Answer it" I say as I see he's about to put it down. He smiles, answering it. "Hi" he says. "Yeah, put her on" he says. "Hi sweetheart" he smiles wider.

"I'm with meredith" he says. "Yes you can" he smiles at me. I grin as he passes me the phone. "Hi scarlett" I smile. "Mer!" She squeals happily. I giggle.

"Hi hi hi hi" she says. "What are you doing?" I ask. "I sweep soon.. bed" she says. "I'll put your daddy back on the phone then so you can say goodnight" I say. "Ok" she says.

"I wove you mer bye bye" she says. "Night sweetie" I say. I pass the phone to derek. "Hi" he says. "I love you so much" he says. "I'll see you tomorrow, okay?" He asks. "Goodnight darling" he says.

He puts the phone down. I smile at him. He smiles back at me. "Try this" he holds his fork to my lips. I eat the bite of food. I look into his eyes.

"Do you wanna come back to mine after this?" I ask. "Obviously" he says. I giggle. "Do you wanna go now?" I ask. He nods. He calls the waitress back over for the check.