Chapter 51

I stare at him in shock. I opened the door and James was just stood there. It's pouring it down with rain outside. "I'm not leaving until you let me in so we can talk" he says.

"Go right now" I say. "No" he steps in. "My fiancée is upstairs" I warn him. He puts his hands on my waist. I look to the side and see Scarlett asleep on the couch. Derek is asleep upstairs and so is the baby.

"Is she his?" He asks. "Stay away from her, James" I say. He steps closer to him. I grab his hand and pull him back to me immediately. He turns around with an angry look on his face.

"Listen baby, I still love you" he says. "I don't love you" I look into his eyes. Rage fills his eyes. He punches the wall behind me. I flinch hard.

"No! No, James stay away from her please" I burst into tears as he walks into the living room. "Where's our baby?" He asks, going straight past Scarlett to look for her. "She's upstairs with Derek, please get out" I sob quietly.

He leaves the living room and I let out a huge sigh of relief, closing the door behind us. "Why are you crying?!" He yells at me. "You're scaring me" I wipe my tears with my shaky hands. He rolls his eyes.

"Get a fucking grip" he pushes me against the wall. I cry harder. "Shut the fuck up!" He whispers harshly. Grabbing my arm hard and squeezing it.

"You're such a fucking bitch!" He screams in my face, raising his hand. I close my eyes, looking away. I hear Derek running downstairs.

"Get the fuck off of her" he says, charging towards him. I go into the living room as soon as Derek pushes him to the floor and they start fighting. I grab Scarlett very carefully and run upstairs with her before she wakes up. I sit on the bed with her in my arms, cuddling her and giving her soft kisses as I try to calm down.

I put her in her bed before going back to mine and dereks room. I sit on the edge of the bed, waiting nervously. I hear the front door slam shut.

I sob quietly, my breathing getting heavier as I hear Derek coming upstairs. He walks into the room slowly. "Don't be mad.. please, I promise i didn't mean for that to happen.. I didn't know it was him" I move further away from him. "Hey, darling I'm not angry at you" he walks towards me really slowly. I move away again. He stops.

"..I'll go downstairs, okay? Come down whenever you're ready.. I'm not mad at you baby I promise" he looks into my eyes. I stare at him for a few seconds. He backs away slowly. He leaves the room.

Dereks Pov:
It's half an hour later and I'm just scrolling through my phone, waiting for her to come down. I smile small as she slowly walks into the room. I stay silent, not wanting to scare her.

She climbs onto my lap slowly, straddling me. She hugs me tight. I hug her back immediately, which makes her flinch a tiny bit but she soon cuddles into me. "Did he hurt you?" I whisper. She tells me exactly what happened.

Meredith's Pov:
"Are you mad at me?" I look into his eyes. "No" he stares back into mine. "Are you hurt?" I ask. "No.. he fucking is though" he says. I smile small. "I was so scared" I rest my forehead against his. "I know baby" he sighs.

"Derek" I say. "Yeah?" He asks. "Can we go back to bed? I want to try and sleep" I say. "Of course we can" he lifts me off of his lap and holds my hand. I lead him upstairs.

We climb into bed and I try to get comfortable. "Can you hold me?" I sniffle. "Yeah baby, I've got you" he whispers, hugging me from behind.

I move all the way back, so our bodies are tightly pressed together. He hugs me tighter. "Can you stay awake until I'm asleep?" I ask quietly. "Yes darling" he says.

I turn around and push my face into his chest instead. I feel safer with him. I know he wouldn't let anything bad happen to me. He literally saved me earlier from being hit. I eventually fall asleep.