chapter 24

"Shh baby!" I chuckle as scarlett giggles uncontrollably when I wipe some icing onto her nose.

We're in the kitchen at merediths house, baking her a cake. A pink cake. She's asleep upstairs.

"Shh" I lean down to her. She giggles more, looking into my eyes. I kiss her softly. "Stop giggling" I grin, wiping the icing off of her. She quietens down.

I tickle her belly, kissing her cheek playfully. She giggles again. "Do you wanna go upstairs and check on meredith?" I ask. She nods.

"I'm here" meredith walks in. I smile at her. She walks over and hugs my neck. I smile, hugging her back.

"Derek, you made me a cake" she looks at the pink cake infront of us. "Thank you so much darling" she hugs scarlett too. Scarlett smiles brightly.

She pulls away. "Are you crying?" I hug her again. "You made me a cake" she cries. I chuckle softly. "Mer.." I stroke her hair gently. I kiss her head.

"You're so nice to me" she pulls away, sniffling. "I just want you to be happy.. you deserve it" I stroke her cheek with my thumb. She wipes her tears.

She turns around to get a slice of the cake. I hug her from behind. "Do you like it?" I smile as she takes a bite. "Mhm, yeah that's good" she nods. I kiss her neck softly.

She feeds scarlett a bite. "You like it baby?" I ask. She nods. I rub merediths stomach as she leans back into my arms. "You have a good nap?" I ask. She nods.

She turns her head back to kiss me. She walks to the other side of the kitchen to grab a water.

I turn around when I hear her walking over again. She flinches and drops her water to the floor.

"I'm sorry" she says. The bottle opened and spilled all over the floor. "Come here, I don't want you to slip" I help her walk to the dry rug in the living room.

"I'm sorry" she says again. "Baby it's okay, come here" I hug her. She hugs me tight. "Please don't be scared of me.. I wouldn't hurt you ever" I rub her back gently.

"I just get scared because.. he would've screamed at me for something like that" she whispers. "I would never" I put my hands on her cheeks. "I know.. I just forget sometimes" she says tearfully.

"I know, and that's okay" I say. I kiss her lips softly. "Scar come here" I say. She walks over. "Play on daddys phone for a bit" I pass it to her. She giggles happily, sitting on the floor.

I sit on the couch. Meredith sits next to me. We cuddle together for a while. "You know you're my best friend?" She whispers. "You're mine too" I say. She smiles at me.

Tell her. You need to tell her. Now. "Meredith, I-" I look at her. I love you. I love you so much. "I-" i stop again as she kisses me.

"When is addison coming?" She whispers in my ear. "I have her for the rest of the week honey, you know that" I say. "Oh, shit sorry.. pregnancy brain" she chuckles. "Its alright" I smile.

"Tonight though?" She asks. "Whatever you want.. as long as you're quiet" I say. She grins.

"You know soon I'm gonna be too pregnant for sex" she says. "I know" I say. "When will our last time be?" She asks. "Whenever you feel like you need to stop, mer" I say. "Okay" she whispers.

"I'll miss you so much" she says. "Baby! I'm not going anywhere.. I'll be with you every step of the way" I hug her. She giggles. I kiss her cheek playfully.