chapter 28

Meredith is on bed rest. She's three weeks away from her due date now and it's getting too much for her to be walking around too much.

I walk into the bedroom. I smile as I see her and scarlett cuddling in bed, watching tv.

"You need anything mer?" I ask. "I'm hungry" she says. "What would you like?" I ask. "Soup" she says. "What kind?" I ask. "Chicken please" she says. "Okay" I say.

"Monkey, you want anything?" I ask. "Chicken soup" she mumbles into merediths arm. She seems to be copying everything meredith is doing recently. I know she loves her a lot. I think she looks up to her a lot. It's sweet.

I smile at meredith. "Are you copying mer baby?" I tickle her belly gently. "No! Daddy" she frowns as if I'm embarrassing her. I chuckle, leaving the room.

I come back with two bowls of chicken soup. I give meredith hers and sit next to scarlett to hold it so she doesn't spill it.

"Thank you derek" she leans over and kisses me softly. I smile. "Thank you daddy" scarlett says, eating her soup.

They finish eating so I put their bowls aside. Scarlett snuggles back into merediths side. Meredith smiles at me.

"Scar, who do you love more.. me or meredith?" I ask. "Both" she says. "Me" meredith whispers. I glare at her. She grins.

"I love you the most baby" I rub her small belly. She giggles as I start tickling her. "No, dada stop" she mumbles. "Leave the poor girl alone" meredith grins at me.

"Fine, I'll bother you instead" I move to sit next to her. She looks into my eyes. I smile. She smiles.

"How's baby doing?" I rub her belly. "Good.. she's ready to come out of here soon" she says. "Are you scared?" I ask. She shakes her head.

"You're gonna be with me the whole time" she says. I smile. "Yeah, I am" I say. "Are you excited for when I'm all healed after the birth?" She smirks. "Very" I say. She giggles.

"I can't believe you fell in love with me whilst I look like this" she chuckles. "I'd fall in love with you if you had a trash bag on your head" I say. She glares at me.

"I swear I'm so much better in bed" she says. "I thought you only slept with one guy" I say. "And he became obsessed with me for a reason" she scoffs. I chuckle.

"Don't joke" I say. "It was funny" she grins. I roll my eyes but chuckle softly. "I'm joking.. I wasn't good, I just laid there the whole time" she chuckles. "Baby" I put my hand on her cheek. "I'm fine" she rolls her eyes.

"I will be better though.. with you" she puts her hands on my cheeks. I smile. "You're already incredible" I kiss her.

"What talking about?" Scarlett asks. "Nothing" meredith says. "We love you baby" I pick her up. She smiles. "Daddy can we go swim tomowwow?" She asks.

"I don't think we can go out for a while honey.. not until the baby is here" I say. She sighs. "You two can if you want.. I can't" meredith says. "I don't want to go out without you and leave you alone on bed rest" I look at her. "I'll be fine" she says. "No" I say.

"If you go into labor and I'm not there, I'd literally die" I say dramatically. She chuckles.

"Are you going to be in the room with me?" She asks. "Of course.. I'll be right by your side" I hold her hand. She smiles. "So I can squeeze your hand?" She asks. I smile, nodding.

"Can you massage my shoulders and back?" She asks. "Yes baby, of course" I get behind her, so she's between my legs. She sighs, leaning back into me as I massage her.