chapter 44

I just got home from work. Derek had the day off today, so he's been home all day with the babies.

I walk into our house and smile as I see him in the kitchen. The babies are both asleep, violet in her cot and scarlett on the couch.

I walk over to him. "Hi babe" he puts down the vegetables he's cutting and hugs me. "James showed up at work today" I say. "What?" He pulls away from me immediately and looks at me. I nod.

"What happened?" He asks. "I paged mark and he beat the shit out of him" I say. Mark is Derek's best friend. If he knew that I was in danger, he would do anything to protect me. If not for me then for derek. I really like mark.

"Baby, I'm so sorry" he hugs me again. "I'm okay" I smile small. "Why didn't you call me?" He sighs. "Because I didn't want to worry you, and I didn't want to ruin your day with the girls" I say.

"This was more important" he says. "Nothing is more important to me than you and the girls being happy and having fun, I didn't want to ruin it with my constant drama" I say. "No! Meredith, no!" He raises his voice slightly.

"Derek" I say quietly, looking back at the babies. "I need to know about things like this.. I need to know that you're okay and I want to be there for you, no matter what" he says, putting his hands on my cheeks.

"I'm sorry" I say. "Don't apologise, baby.. but just please don't ever think you can't call me" he says. "Okay" I whisper. He leans in and kisses me deeply.

"I love you" I hug him tight as soon as he pulls away. "I love you more" he squeezes me. "Can we cuddle?" I pout slightly. "Go and cuddle with scarlett on the couch.. I'll be over soon" he says. "I want you" I hug him again.

"Okay, come here" he smiles, lifting me onto the counter. He stands between my legs and cuddles with me for a couple of minutes.

He pulls away slowly and goes back to chopping vegetables. I play with his hair whilst he concentrates on cooking.

"How old were you when you lost your virginity?" I ask. He looks back to see if the babies are awake before smiling at me. "Seventeen" he says. "Lame" I say. He chuckles. "Weren't you like twenty three?" He asks. I kick him. He laughs.

"I didn't even want to then" I roll my eyes. "I know babe, I'm sorry" he kisses my cheek.

"I wish I lost it to you, I love you so much" I say, looking at him. "Then again.. we wouldn't have our little girl if it didn't happen" I look over at her. He moves between my legs again and hugs me. I hug him back.

Derek's pov:
I cuddle with meredith for a few minutes. I go to pull away slowly but she squeezes me tighter. I lift her off of the counter and put her on the floor.

I put my arms either side of her on the counter behind her, so she's trapped. She smiles, looking into my eyes as she keeps hugging my neck. I kiss her.

"I love you, baby" I kiss her neck. "I love you too" she moans softly, grabbing my shirt in her fists as I suck on her skin slowly. She pulls me closer, my body pressing against hers gently.

I pull down the strap of her top and kiss down her chest. I grab her ass firmly and pull her closer. She giggles. "You wanna go upstairs?" She grins. "We can't leave the babies down here" I chuckle. She grabs my hand and pulls me into the living room.

She pushes me onto my chair and climbs ontop of me. "Not infront of-" I try to sit up but she pushes me back down. I groan softly as she starts kissing my neck.

Merediths pov:
"They're asleep, relax" I kiss his lips. We both feel eachother up, grabbing eachothers bodies and trying to pull eachother closer as we makeout.

The oven timer bleeps. "Sorry mer" he says as I get off of him. "Its okay, we can finish this later" I grin. "Definitely" he smiles.

I frown as the baby starts crying. I walk over and pick her up. I sit on the couch with her and breastfeed her. She soon stops crying.

I smile as I feel her squeezing my boob whilst she eats. She's the cutest. She loves her milk. I look up at derek and smile at him. He smiles back.

"Daddy" scarlett mumbles as she slowly wakes up. "Good morning baby girl" he chuckles, kneeling down to her. She sits up slowly and stretches. He takes the opportunity to tickle her belly, making her giggle.

"Daddy, stop" she holds her arms out for him. He picks her up and hugs her. "You know it's bath time soon, don't you?" He asks her. She whines. "Be good and you can sleep in mine and mommys bed" he kisses her nose.

"Derek!" I glare at him. "Don't worry" he chuckles, looking at me. "We can have a shower after bathtime" he smirks. "Derek, I wanted you to.." I stop, looking down. "What baby?" He walks over.

"I wanted you to make love to me" I put my hands on his waist. "I can still make love to you in the shower, darling" he chuckles. "Promise?" I say. "I promise, I'd never leave my girl unsatisfied" he smirks slightly. I grin. He kisses me softly before walking away.