chapter 11

I hear a light knocking sound. I open my eyes slowly. I groan, sitting up. "Yeah?" I ask. "Mewedith" I hear a small voice say.

I get up and open my bedroom door. "Oh, hi sweetie" I crouch down to her. She wipes her tears. "What's wrong?" I pick her up. I hold onto the doorframe to pull myself up. 

"I woke alone" she says. I put her in the guest bedroom after she fell asleep. "Are you okay?" I ask. "I sleep with you?" She asks. "Um" I say. "Pwease" she says. "Yeah, of course" I sit her on my bed.

I sit down slowly. I'm so achey today. The position derek put me in yesterday almost broke my back, but damn was it worth it.

"Your daddy should be coming soon" I say. "Weally?" Her eyes light up. I smile, nodding. I lay back down and pull the covers over myself. She stands up and walks next to me.

She lays down. I smile as she cuddles into my side, her head on my shoulder. I wrap my arm around her.

"Does daddy ever talk about me?" I ask. I know I shouldn't. She's just a baby, so she won't know what to keep secret from me.. but I just want to know if he ever tells her anything about me.

"Yes" she nods. "Really?" I ask. "All times" she says. "Mhm" I smile. "He say 'scawlett, I see mer tomowwow' and he smile and happy" she says. I grin slightly but don't let her see that.

"Awe you best fwiends?" She asks. I chuckle. "I think you're his best friend" I poke her small stomach gently. She giggles. "That twue" she nods.

There's a knock on the door. "Come in" I say. He walks in. He smiles widely as he sees me and scarlett. "Hi daddy" she says. "Hi sweetheart" he kisses her head.

"What are you doing up so late?" He asks. "She was asleep but she woke up and didn't want to stay in the guest bed alone" I explain. "That's okay" he smiles at me. "I didn't mean to ruin her sleep schedule" I say. "Meredith, it's okay" he chuckles.

"Has she been good?" He grins at her, picking her up. "Daddy! I always good" she hugs him. "She has" I giggle.

"How suwgewy?" She asks. "It went well.. he's all better now" he says. "Good" she says. He smiles.

"Are you ready for sleep now?" He lays her back on my bed, sitting next to me. She nods. She closes her eyes, giggling. He kisses her cheek.

I groan quietly, arching my back to stretch it a little. "You okay?" He asks. "My back kills" I say. "My fault?" He asks. "Kinda" I chuckle. "Sorry, I knew I was being too rough" he sighs. "Its okay" I say.

"I didn't mean to hurt you, I'm sorry" he apologises again. "Its okay, derek.. it didn't hurt at the time" I say. "Sorry" he says. "If you apologise one more time, I'll beat your ass" I say. He chuckles. I raise my brow. "Fine" he says. I giggle.

"The sex was worth the pain" I say. He chuckles softly. "You want me to rub your back?" He asks. "you don't have to" I say. "I want to" he says. "Okay, weirdo" I say. He chuckles.

He sits behind me. I sit between his legs. "Where does it hurt?" He asks. "I don't know.. my whole back" I sigh. He massages it with his hands.

After about half an hour, I'm just relaxed in his arms now, leaning back into him. He has his arms wrapped around me, resting ontop of my stomach, his chin resting on my shoulder.

I entwine our fingers. He kisses my cheek. "Sorry about your back" he whispers. "Its okay" I smile, closing my eyes. He cuddles his face into my neck. I slowly drift off to sleep.

Suggestions??