chapter 7

"Mer mer mer mer mer!" I feel someone jumping on the bed next to me, giggling. I open my eyes. I smile hugely as I see scarlett jumping on my bed next to me.

"Good morning" I giggle, sitting up. "Scar, how did you get in here? I'm sorry meredith" Derek walks in. I chuckle, sitting up. "Its okay.. its a nice way to wake up" I grin as she hugs me. I pull her into my arms.

"How did you even climb up onto the bed?" He asks. "Box at end" she points at the box at the end of my bed that i keep some stuff in. I giggle.

"Come here, cheeky monkey" he pushes her back onto the bed, tickling her stomach. She giggles hysterically, kicking her legs. I laugh.

"Mer! Mer!" She says. I pick her up, hugging her. "I've got you sweetie.. I'll protect you from evil daddy" I grin at him. She giggles, hiding her face in my neck. He smiles.

She pulls away. I put her down. "Dada" she whispers. "Yeah?" He asks. She looks down. "What's wrong?" He picks her up. "I need potty" she whispers in his ear. He chuckles softly. "You don't have to be embarrassed, my love" he says.

"The toilet is just-" I say. "I want mer take" she points at me. "Full sentences baby" he says. "Can mer take me pwease?" She asks. "Of course I can if you want" I chuckle.

He passes her to me. "Thanks" he says. I take her to the bathroom. "Lots and lots of bubbles" I say in a baby voice, pouring soap onto her hands. She giggles, washing them in the sink as I hold her up so she can reach.

I put her on the floor and dry her hands for her. She holds my hand as we walk out. "You good now princess?" He picks her up. She nods.

"Mommy's picking you up from the hospital, okay?" He says. "No! Dada, I stay hewe with you" she says. "I'm sorry, you have to" he says. She sighs.

"But I'm gonna have a word with mommy about uncle Mark staying over, okay?" He says. "But I not supposed to tell-" she says. "You won't be in any trouble darling" he says. "Okay" she says.

"You want a lift to work today? We can come back here after" he looks at me. "That'd be great" I grin. "Are you ready, monkey?" He asks. "Yep" she nods. He must've got them both ready before I woke up.

"Will you just give me ten minutes?" I ask. "Of course.. let's go downstairs" he takes scarlett and leaves. I start getting ready.

Once I'm ready I go downstairs. I grin as I see he's made us breakfast. "Hungry?" He puts the plate down. I sit with them at the table. "Thankyou" I say. We eat.

Once we're done we head to work. I'm sat at the nurses station with cristina talking when derek walks past. My eyes widen slightly as I see him pass scarlett to a woman. Shes gorgeous.

She's definitely her mom. Scarletts reaching out for her dad as her mom holds her. Derek kisses her nose. He says something to her. Addison and him talk for a bit before she leaves, looking very angry.

Scarlett looks back as Addison puts her on the floor, holding her hand as they walk away. She locks eyes with me. I wave at her. She smiles, waving back.

Derek walks over. "Dr shepherd" I say. "Dr Grey.. dr yang" he smiles at us both. I pass him the chart I'm holding and he walks away.

I put my hand on my stomach. I don't even know if it's butterflies I'm feeling or the baby kicking but I know one thing.. I can not wait for him to come back to my house again later.