chapter 35

Me and derek are naked in bed under the covers, sweaty and trying to catch our breaths. I'm staring at my engagement ring.

"I'm still not used to carrying this rock around on my hand" I grin. "Its my grandma's old ring, you know?" He says. "Addisons old ring?" I gasp. "Don't be ridiculous" he chuckles. I let out a breath.

"She got a new one.. she was too picky.. plus i really didnt trust her not to lose it" he says. "Oh" i say. "I hope you like it mer, I could get you a new one if you want.. I just-" he says.

"No! Derek, I love it.. I feel very special knowing that you want me to have something so sentimental to you" I say. "I knew you would" he smiles. I kiss him softly.

"How did you know my ringsize?" I ask. "Huh?" He asks. "You got it resized, yes? How did you know what size I am?" I ask. "I stole one of your rings" he chuckles. I giggle. "Thief" I snuggle into him.

My phone starts ringing. I pick it up quickly before it wakes violet up. "Hey" I say. Derek kisses my neck softly. "Hey, can I come over?" Cristina asks. "Me and derek are in bed" I whine. I smile as he kisses me softly.

"Me and Owen broke up" she says. "Oh, I'm sorry" I say. "Come to Joe's with me" she says. "I can't go to a bar, cris.. my baby is asleep" I chuckle. "Derek's there.. I'm coming to pick you up" she hangs up. I sigh.

"Is everything okay?" He asks. "are you going to hate me if I go to the bar with cris?" I ask. "No, go.. have fun" he says. I smile. "I love you" I kiss him. I get up.

"Just pump before you go sweetheart.. addie used to do it all the time" he says. "What?" I ask. "If you want to drink, just throw away the milk after" he says.

"You don't think that'd make me a bad mom? Throwing away her food?" I ask. "She has loads in the fridge" he says.

"And you don't mind me coming home drunk?" I ask. He smiles, shaking his head. "Go and have fun.. I mean it, you deserve it" he says. I kiss him again.

I go and shower quickly. I throw on a dress and do my hair and makeup. "Wow, mommy looks hot" he walks into the bathroom, holding violet. I giggle.

I look at myself in the mirror one more time before turning around to face him. The doorbell rings.

I kiss him deeply. He puts his spare hand on my cheek. I pull away slowly. "I'll miss you" I say. I've literally not spent more than ten minutes away from him since the baby was born.

"You call me if you need anything at all, okay? And I'll miss you too" he smiles. "Okay" I smile. I kiss violets head. "I love you both" I kiss him again before leaving. I grab my phone and go downstairs.

"Woah, you look so hot" cristina says as I open the door. "You think I still have it?" I grin. "Definitely, plus your boobs are fucking huge!" She says. I giggle.

"I'm really sorry about you and Owen" I hug her. "Thanks" she says. We get in her car. She drives us to the pub.

----------

I'm sat at the bar with her. My phone starts ringing. I'm so drunk. I pick it up. "Hello handsome" I smile. "Hey baby, how's it going? You having fun?" He asks. "Yes" I say.

"She won't stop crying" he says. "Can I hear?" I ask. He puts the phone to her so I can hear her. "You need to burp her, honey.. I think she's uncomfortable" I say.

"You're amazing, I love you" be says. "Text me when she's stopped so I know she's okay" I say. "Bye baby" he says. "I love you, bye" I hang up.

"Hey, can I sit here?" A guy asks. "Sure" I smile at him. He sits down. I continue my conversation with cristina.

"So, um.. do you come here often?" He tries to starts conversation. "Not since I met my fiance here.. I don't go out much, I have a newborn at home" I say. "Oh" he says, looking at my engagement ring.

I take a gulp of my drink. "You wanna see my babies?" I ask. "Um.. sure" he chuckles. I show him pictures. I lovveeee showing them off to people.

"And this is my fiance.. he's so handsome, isn't he?" I smile drunkenly. "Very" he chuckles nervously. I giggle.

"You're handsome too" I say. He smiles. "Not as handsome as derek though" I say. His smile fades. "Cris!" I yell. She walks over.

"This is my best friend, she's single" I say. He smiles at me. "I'm mike" he shakes her hand. I get up so she can have my seat.

"I'm gonna go home, have fun" I whisper in her ear. She smiles at me. I grab my bag and leave. I get a cab home.

I walk into the house. I go straight upstairs to scarletts bedroom. She's still asleep. I lean down and kiss her on the head. I go to mine and derek room.

The baby is asleep in her cot and derek is asleep in bed. I kiss the babies head before pulling off my clothes and getting in bed.

"Babe" he smiles, pulling me into his arms. I put my hands on his cheeks, kissing him softly. "Did you lock the front door?" He asks. "..no" I whisper. He sighs. I go to get up. "I've got it" he gets up and goes downstairs.

I smile as I hear the baby coo. I get up and grin as I see she's awake. I pick her up for cuddles. Derek walks in. "Mer, let her sleep" he sighs, taking her and putting her back in her cot.

"I wanted cuddles" I frown. "I'll give you cuddles, get in bed" he says. I climb under the covers. He climbs in with me and we cuddle until I fall asleep.