chapter 43

Me and meredith were messing around this morning. We got into a petty little argument about literally nothing and it ended in us playfighting.

she ended up freaking out and snapping at me. She hasn't really talked to me since.

Merediths pov:
Flashback:
I laugh hysterically as derek chases me around the living room. "Stop!" I giggle, throwing a pillow at him. He gasps. I climb onto the couch and pounce ontop of him. He grabs me and I wrap my legs around his waist.

He laughs as I put my hands on his shoulders, trying to push him to the couch. He turns around and lays me on the couch.

I laugh harder as he climbs ontop of me, pinning my hands to the couch. He tickles my belly playfully. I wriggle under him. I close my eyes as he leans down to me, pinning me down again.

Flashback:

"James, I don't want to" I say as he climbs ontop of me. "Its fine, baby.. just this once" he kisses my neck. "James-" I say. He grabs my hands and pins them to the mattress either side of me.

I close my eyes, not wanting to look at what he's doing. I snap out of it and start screaming. "Stop! I said I don't want to!" I yell at the top of my lungs, kicking him off of me.

"Jesus! Calm the fuck down!" He yells, getting off of me. He stands up and pulls on his shirt. I sniffle, climbing out of the bed. I grab my stuff and run out of the room. I go home.

Flashback over:
"Stop! Stop it!" I push derek off of me. "Mer, what's wrong?" He frowns, getting up. I get up and run upstairs.

Derek's pov:
It's been about half an hour and we've not spoken. I finally gather the courage and go upstairs. I walk into our room slowly.

She's in bed, sat up with the covers pulled over her lap, crying her eyes out. "Meredith" I gasp, rushing over to her. I climb into bed next to her.

"No" she moves away quickly as I hold her hand. "Babe, I-" I get cut off by her hugging me tight. She squeezes me gently whilst straddling my thighs. I don't hug her back straight away, because I don't want to make her more upset.

"What's wrong?" I ask quietly, putting my hands on her waist. "I got scared" she whispers. "Of what? Me?" I ask, looking into her eyes. She immediately tears up and nods. "Why, baby?" I frown slightly.

"Because you were pinning me down, and it made me realise how much stronger you are than me.. you could hurt me" she says tearfully. Her hands are shaking so much. "I'd never hurt you, mer.. never ever" I say, pulling my hands off of her gently.

"I'm sorry!" She sobs. "Don't be sorry.. never be sorry" I look into her eyes. She hugs my neck tighter, crying into my skin quietly.

"Did it remind you of James?" I whisper. She nods. I sigh. "I'm so sorry" I say. She pulls away slowly.

"Are you angry?" She asks. "Of course not" I say. "You're not hugging me!" She sobs. "I don't want to make you any more uncomfortable" I hug her. "You're not" she sniffles.

"I'm okay now" she wipes her tears. "You are?" I ask. She nods. "Listen mer, if I ever do anything that makes you feel uncomfortable.. you can literally beat me up" I say. She giggles. "I'm being serious, just punch me" I smile, helping her off of my lap.

"I'd never hit you, you're too cute" she leans down and kisses my cheek before fake punching me in my face. I grin at her.

"You sure you're okay?" I put my hand on her thigh as she stands infront of me. She nods. "I'm okay, you made me feel better" she strokes my hair gently. "I'm here if you wanna talk, okay?" I say. She smiles. "Thanks baby" she leans down and kisses me.

"I love you so much" she hugs me. "Oh, baby I love you too" I stand up and hug her tight. "Is mommy cwying?" Scarlett runs into the room. "No sweetheart, I'm fine" I smile, looking down at her. She holds my hands. I kneel down to her.

She hugs me. I pick her up and hug her back. "I need to pee" she says. "Can you take her?" I ask. "Sure" he sighs. "Noo! I want mermer" she whines. "Okay" I sigh, taking her.

I take her back out when she's done and hand her to derek. He gives her some cuddles and kisses whilst I put my hair in a bun. "Daddy, can I stay bed with you?" She asks. "Yeah, get in" he puts her on our bed. We climb onto it and lay with her for a bit.

She giggles as we both kiss her cheeks from either side of her as we cuddle with her. We stay here for a bit before finally getting up and ready.