chapter 6

Derek's pov:
I'm laid on my bed in my trailer with scarlett who's asleep with her head on my chest, laid on my stomach. My phone starts ringing. I pick It up quickly before it wakes her up.

"Hello?" I say. "Hi derek" meredith says. "Oh, hi" I say. "I'm so sorry for calling this late.. I know you're with scarlett" she says. "No, is everything okay?" I ask. She doesn't answer.

"You said to call you if anything happened" she says quietly. "Has anything happened?" I ask. "He's left me loads of voicemails on my phone.. I'm scared, he said he's going to come over.. cristinas still at work so I don't know what to do" she says.

"Should I just go to work or- I'm scared to go out by myself" she says. "Meredith I'm coming over, okay?" I say. "No, you don't have to do that" she says. "I'll be there soon" I say.

I put the phone down. "Scar" I whisper. "Mhm" she moves slightly. "Scarlett" I carefully sit up, holding her in my arms. "Dada?" She opens her eyes slowly.

"Hi my love" I smile. She smiles, looking at me. "Do you want to go see meredith?" I ask. "Now?" She asks confused. "Yes, she needs daddy's help with something, is that okay?" I ask. She nods.

"You can go in your pyjamas, okay?" I say. She nods. I grab her bag with her stuff in it and some things for myself before going outside and getting in the car. I look back at her. She's in her car seat at the back.

"You okay?" I ask. She nods. "You excited to see meredith again? You liked her, didn't you?" I ask. She nods enthusiastically.

I drive us to her house. We walk to her door. I'm holding her small hand as she tries to keep up with me. I knock on the door. Meredith opens it.

"Hey, how are you?" I hug her. "Hi, I'm okay.. thanks for coming over" she says. We pull away.

"Hey" She smiles at scarlett. She looks up, waving at her. I chuckle. "You can put tv on if you want sweetie.. what show do you like?" She picks up the remote as we walk to the living room.

I sit scarlett on the couch and put on her favourite show. "Tankyou" she smiles at me and meredith. "You wait right here, okay? Don't move.. me and meredith are going to talk in the kitchen" I say. She nods. I kiss her nose. She smiles.

Me and meredith sit in the kitchen at the table. She gives me her phone and plays the voicemails that he sent her, threatening her.

I put the phone down. I look at her. "He wants us to get back together but I don't want to.. I'm really scared of him" she says. She's literally shaking.

"You don't have to be scared of him meredith, he won't hurt you" I hug her. She hugs me back. She jumps slightly as the doorbell rings.

I pull away from her. We go to the living room. "Sit next to scarlett" I say. She sits down. I open the door.

There's a guy stood there. He's a bit shorter than me. He's blonde and is wearing all black with his hood pulled up.

"Is meredith here?" He asks. "Yes she is, what do you need her for?" I ask. "I'm her boyfriend" he says. I look back at meredith. She cuddles up next to scarlett on the couch, looking at me scared.

"No, I'm her boyfriend" I step towards him. "What? Meredith!" He yells into the house. "You're not talking to her, you're talking to me" I put my hand on his arm, stopping him from walking inside.

"We're having a baby together" he says. "She's my girlfriend.. I want you to leave her alone" I say. "Meredith!" He yells again. I hear scarlett crying. She must be scared.

"Who is that?" He asks. "Its our baby" I say. "You have-" he stops. "Yes, we do" I say. "Meredith!" He yells again. "Leave her the fuck alone! Get out of here and don't come back!" I yell, pushing him. He stumbles back.

He runs to his car and drives away. I go inside. Merediths hugging scarlett on the couch.

"Baby, I'm so so sorry, I didn't mean to scare you" I put my hands on her cheeks. "I'm sorry, come here" I pull her into my arms.

She sniffles. I hold her infront of me, looking at her. "You're okay, aren't you?" I smile. She smiles, nodding. Meredith wipes her tears for her. "Takyou" scarlett says.

"I shouldn't have called you over.. I'm really sorry" meredith says. "No, you should've called me" I say. "Thankyou derek" she says. "You don't have to thank me" I say.

"Do you think he'll come back around after this?" I ask. "Probably.. he's insane" she whispers. "Call me, okay?" I say. She nods. I hug her. She kisses my cheek. I smile.

"Are you actually boyfwiend?" Scarlett asks. "No, it was just a joke" I say. "Oh" scarlett says. "Me and your daddy are just friends" meredith says. I give her a look. She grins.

"Mommy has boyfwiend" she says. "She does?" I ask shocked. She gasps, her eyes going wide. "I not supposed to say that.. I not allowed.. I sowwy" she starts crying. Addison must've told her not to tell me.

"No, its okay love, it's okay" I hug her. "Mommy be mad" she says. "I won't tell her that you told me" I say. "Weally?" She asks. "Promise" I say. She wipes her tears.

I sigh, sitting her on my lap. I look at meredith. "You okay?" She asks. I nod. "Who's Mommy dating, scar?" I ask. "Uncwe mawk" she says.

"Does uncle Mark stay at the house when you're there?" I ask. "Mhm" she nods. "Do they kiss infront of you?" I ask. "Yes.. always making noises in night time" she shakes her head. I take a deep breath.

"Do you like uncle Mark staying with you?" I ask. "No, I miss daddy.. I-I want daddy back" she starts crying. I hug her tighter.

"I don't know.. why Mommy kiss uncwe mawk? I think that you mawwied" she says. I look at meredith. She looks at me, giving me a sad look.

"We were married baby, but sometimes It just doesn't work out" I whisper. "I don't like it" she says. "I know" I whisper, stroking her back.

"Can I stay with you pwease?" She asks. "I wish you could monkey" I whisper. I stroke her hair gently. She quickly falls asleep in my arms. I sigh, laying her next to me on the couch.

"You okay?" Meredith asks. "I can't believe she's still with mark" I say. "I'm sorry" she says. "I don't care.. but I just can't believe that she's letting him stay over and kissing him infront of our baby" I say.

"When do you speak to your lawyer about custody?" She asks. "Next week" I say. "Derek" she says. I look at her. "What if my baby wants it's daddy?" She whispers.

"Meredith, my baby grew up with me.. she relies on me.. trust me, you'll be an amazing parent and you'll be all it needs" I look into her eyes. She smiles small.

"I set up the guest bedroom for you" she strokes scarletts hair gently. "Thankyou" I say. She smiles. I carefully stand up, careful not to wake scarlett.

She shows me to the room. I lay scarlett onto the bed. I put two pillows either side of her so she doesn't roll anywhere as she's sleeping. I kiss her cheek.

"You gonna be okay?" I ask. Meredith nods. "Do you need anything?" She asks. "No thankyou" I say. "You can help yourself to anything in the kitchen and my bedroom- you know where my bedroom is.. if you need me" she chuckles. I smile.

"Goodnight" I say. "Night" she smiles. She closes the door behind her as she leaves. I grab my bag and pull out my pyjamas, getting changed before climbing into bed.

I gently pull scarlett into my arms. She cuddles into my chest. I smile, closing my eyes. I soon fall asleep.