chapter 33

There's a knock on the door. I go and answer it. "Ahhh! Babyyyy!" I scoop scarlett into my arms. She giggles. "Daddy" she hugs my neck.

"Oh, I missed you" I hold her infront of me, kissing all over her face. "Daddy stop" she puts her hands on my cheeks. I smile, looking into her eyes. She smiles. She hugs my neck again. I squeeze her gently.

"Bye sweetie, have fun" addie says. She waves at me before leaving. I smile at her. I close the door.

"Meredith is gonna be so happy to see you, monkey" I say. I carry her upstairs.

"You have to be quiet, okay? Violet is asleep" I say. She nods. I put her down and open the door. She runs in. "Oh my god" meredith smiles. She scoops her up, into her arms. "My baby" she hugs her tight. "Hi mermer" she whispers.

"I missed you" meredith rubs their noses together. Scarlett let's out a soft giggle. "I miss you also" she says.

"Daddy, I see sister now" she holds her arms out to me. I chuckle. I pick her up and take her over to the baby so she can look at her. "She's cute, isn't she?" I whisper. She nods.

"Who cuter.. scarlett or violet?" She asks. "You're both very very cute" I chuckle. She grins proudly.

"I sit with mer now" she says. I put her on the bed next to meredith. She cuddles into her. I'm about to leave the room when she stops me.

"Daddy" she whispers. I look at her. She pats the spot next to her on the bed. I smile, sitting next to her. She hugs me. I pick her up like a baby in my arms. She giggles.

"My baby" I say in a baby voice, tickling her stomach. I kiss all over her face. "I love you" I look into her eyes.

"How much?" She asks. "More than anything in the whole world" I say. "Daddy, I love you thisss much" she stretches her hands apart as far as she can. I smile. "I love you more" I say. She shakes her head. I nod.

"Okay, you sit with mer for a bit.. I'm gonna make lunch" I sit her on merediths lap. I kiss meredith softly before getting up and going downstairs.

"Daddy" she comes into the kitchen about half an hour later with meredith. She tugs on my leg. I look down. "What's wrong?" I smile, picking her up.

"We started to miss you" meredith wraps her arms around my waist from behind. She puts the baby monitor on the counter. I smile.

I sit scarlett on the counter infront of me before turning around. I kiss meredith. She runs her fingers through my hair. I put my hands on her cheeks.

"Stop kissing!" Scarlett grabs my arm. I chuckle, pulling away. Meredith giggles. "Stop" she says again. "I'm sorry scar, I didn't realise it effected you so much" I say sarcastically.

She glares at meredith. "Hey" meredith chuckles. "My daddy" she hugs me. Aw, she's just being protective. I smile.

"He's mine" meredith pulls me into her arms. I hug her back. "No!" Scarlett says. She kisses my face. "My derek" meredith teases. I chuckle, hiding my face in the crease of her neck.

I pull away slowly. "We're just joking baby" I pick her up when I see the tears in her eyes. Me and meredith laugh. I hug her. "I don't like mewedith anymore" she sobs into my shoulder. I chuckle.

"You think we should call the wedding off?" I ask. She nods. Meredith giggles. "Sweetie, I was only joking" she rubs her back.

"He's my daddy, not yours" she says. "I know baby, I'm sorry" she takes her from me and hugs her. "You still love me?" She smiles. Scarlett nods.

"Do you not want me to kiss him because you don't want us to get married?" Meredith asks worriedly. "She used to throw tantrums when I'd kiss addison I front of her, baby.. don't worry about it" I chuckle softly. "Oh, okay" she says.

"You're just a very possessive little girl, aren't you?" I chuckle, kissing her cheek. She smiles at me.

"You two go and sit down, foods ready" I say. They go and sit at the table. I serve up the food.