DT: Four

After two days of rest, despite the doctor's recommendation for Xiao Zhan to take a week off, he decided to return to work. His test results had confirmed his secondary gender as an omega, and while he felt devastated by the news, he knew there was little he could do about it. Still, he asked the doctor to keep his status a secret for as long as possible. The doctor prescribed him medications to help hide his secondary gender, including pheromone stabilizers, strong suppressants, and scent patches to mask the scent he now emitted.

Restlessness consumed him during those two days of inactivity. Xiao Zhan had grown accustomed to keeping himself occupied at all times. He had his secretary at the company deliver his paperwork to his penthouse and asked a colleague at the university to cover for him until he could return to work.

Now, he was back at the university, ignoring his doctor's advice but keeping his medications close, just in case. Experiencing his first heat at his age, much like teenagers experiencing their first heat, meant it could be unpredictable and uncontrollable.

As he entered the faculty building and greeted his colleague with a small token of gratitude, he made his way to his first class of the day. While walking to the lecture hall, a familiar scent wafted under his nose, causing his brows to furrow. He felt a tingling sensation in his gut, and his heart began to race. Suddenly, his doctor's words flashed through his mind: "If you smell an alpha's pheromone, whatever happens, leave or get away as fast as you can. It could trigger your heat since it's still unstable."

At first, Xiao Zhan hesitated. The source of the familiar scent was in the direction of his first class. However, the fear of being discovered was a heavy burden, and he ultimately decided to turn on his heels and retreat in the opposite direction. He would head to the art room for now. It was an unusual move for him to be late to his classes, but he had no other choice in this situation.

.

"Where's your first class today?" Xie Yie asked his twin, books in hand.

The two had been sent home after the suppressants had taken effect.

Yibo sighed, "It's in the studio room beside the art room," he replied somewhat disinterested, clutching his books. "My first class doesn't start until 9, so I'll go there early and get refreshed for my first class in this school," he explained with a casual shrug.

Xie Yie grinned mischievously, "Great! My class is around ten, so I can hang out for a while!" he chuckled, walking alongside his brother.

Yibo rolled his eyes, "You should warm up in your own room," he scolded, receiving only a cheeky chuckle from his brother.

"No way. It would be so boring without someone to talk to!" Xie Yie whined playfully before breaking into a wide grin.

Yibo shot him a look that was more like a glare, "Quit being difficult, Xie Yie. You're a professor now, show something worthwhile for your students to look forward to!"

Xie Yie pouted, "I only did it because Father insisted. I never actually wanted to teach!" he whined.

"Shh!" Yibo hushed him, "You've been spending too much time just lounging around the house. Father asked you to manage the company, but you refused. This is your only option now, and it'll be fine. You studied drama and theatre, so put it to good use," he reassured his twin.

Xie Yie was about to protest further, but he suddenly perked up, his keen nose sensing something awfully familiar. "Can you smell that?" he asked, pointing out the sweet scent he detected.

Yibo nodded, "Yes, it smells familiar. I think it's the omega from last time," he replied, his nose picking up the sweet and alluring scent.

The twins, relying on their keen sense of smell, decided to follow the scent, leading them to the very place they were originally headed – the art room.

They paused in front of the art room, sharing a knowing look that whoever was releasing this scent might be in trouble.

"Should we go in?" Xie Yie asked, already gripping the door handle.

Yibo's brows furrowed as he remembered their last encounter, "Did you take your suppressants?" he inquired to make sure.

Xie Yie's brows creased as well, "Why?" he asked with a hint of innocence.

Yibo sighed and shook his head, "We don't know if it's an omega in heat, so we can't risk what happened last time," he explained.

Xie Yie pouted and retrieved his suppressant from his pocket, quickly swallowing one. "Satisfied?" he retorted, turning to his brother.

"Good. Now, wait here for a while so I can check first," Yibo instructed.

Xie Yie's furrowed brows deepened, "And why should you go in first, and why can't I come with you?" he protested. "Or did you even take your suppressant?" he added, clearly miffed.

"I took mine at home. You can enter after me, just wait here for now, alright?" Yibo assured, patting his twin's shoulder before opening the art room door and stepping inside.

Upon entering, the sweet scent washed over them like a gentle breeze. Their instincts guided them to find the source of the scent. Yibo took cautious steps, trying not to make any noise that might startle the person. Xie Yie followed behind, mirroring his brother's careful movements.

As they ventured further into the room, the sweet scent continued to permeate the air. It was neither the overpowering scent of an omega in heat nor the heady musk of an alpha. It was simply sweet and enchanting.

"Hello, is someone in here?" Yibo called out, scanning the dimly lit room, with scattered beams of light slipping through gaps in the curtains.

A shaky voice responded, "Who's there?"

The two twins exchanged a quick, knowing glance, their smiles brightening. This might be their chance to discover the person behind the captivating scent.

--------

A/N: They are going to meet each other. Will something good happen or a disaster?

Anyways, thank you for waiting for the update. Love lots!