DT: Forty- Six

A month had passed since LiYing had arrived at their branch in the US. Adjusting to the new environment and culture had presented its challenges, as everything felt different compared to her previous workplace. However, her determination and resilience helped her adapt quickly. She became familiar with the work and the company's ethical standards, proving her ability to overcome challenges and thrive in the new setting.

Sitting comfortably in her swivel chair, LiYing arrived at her office in the early morning, having successfully adapted to the time difference between China and the US, which had been quite a challenge when she first arrived. Now, it was just another part of her daily routine.  

Amidst the familiar hum of the office, she diligently signed the paperwork that had been placed on her desk earlier that morning. Her cup of coffee sat cold on its coaster, untouched and neglected, as the towering stack of work demanded her undivided attention.

In the midst of her focused work, a sudden knock on the door abruptly interrupted LiYing. She stopped her pen and lowered her eyeglasses, her gaze directed towards the door.

"Please, come in," she said, her curiosity piqued, as she awaited the entrance of the visitor.

The door swung open, revealing her secretary who entered and made her way towards LiYing's desk.

"Ma'am, you've received an email from your father," the secretary announced, a hint of concern in her voice. LiYing's brows furrowed at this unexpected message; her father had not reached out to her since she arrived in the US, and using her personal email was even more unusual.

Her concern deepened as she read the email, her brows knitting together in a furrow.

"I suppose you've had ample time to settle into your work there. We'd like you to return home this week. Your future in-laws are eagerly anticipating your presence, and I share their excitement. We've already made arrangements for the wedding, and we only require your fittings and your choice of attire."

LiYing couldn't shake off the worry for Xiao Zhan. She had promised herself that her focus would be solely on her career, leaving behind thoughts of her first love upon arriving in the US. However, with his name suddenly resurfacing and the sudden haste for the wedding, her anxiety grew. Had Xiao Zhan not managed to free himself from his problems? Why were they rushing the wedding?

But answers would remain unanswered unless she reached out to Xiao Zhan. She could only hope that they could buy more time.

.

Xiao Zhan's complexion drained of color as he stared at the message.

"Come to my office at the house."

The message was concise, but it carried a heavy sense of impending disaster. He contemplated the reason for this summon as he gazed at his phone, his thoughts swirling with dread.

Unbeknownst to him, he began emitting a distressed scent through his pheromones, a sour aroma that alerted his two alpha lovers. Dropping what they were doing, they hurried into the living room, their expressions etched with concern, spatulas still in hand.

"Love?" Yibo spoke gently, seeking to capture Xiao Zhan's attention.

Xiao Zhan, lost in his thoughts, didn't notice them until the older alpha's voice reached him.

"What's wrong, sweetheart?" Xie Yie inquired, placing the spatula on the coffee table and cupping the omega's cheeks.

Xiao Zhan turned his gaze toward the alphas, attempting a smile that fell somewhat flat. "I was summoned to the house," he replied, his voice tinged with weakness.

Yibo tilted his head, analyzing the omega's reaction. "Can we do anything to help? Would you like us to accompany you or maybe even avoid going there?" he offered, attempting to lift his lover's spirits.

Xiao Zhan merely shook his head and lowered it, biting his inner cheek to steady his emotions. "No. I believe I need to go," he replied.

Xie Yie's brows furrowed with concern. "Why? You seem unwell now. You don't seem to have the strength for this," he exclaimed, worry evident in his tone. "And what if he does to you what he did last time?" he added.

Xiao Zhan forced another smile, this one warmer and more reassuring, as he cupped the younger alpha's hands on his cheeks. "I must go," he replied, his voice conveying resolve despite his uncertainty about the events that awaited him at the house.

The two alphas exchanged silent glances, their mutual concern evident, yet they knew the final decision rested with their omega. Their attention returned to Xiao Zhan, their gazes locked on him.

"Are you absolutely certain?" they inquired simultaneously, seeking assurance.

Xiao Zhan nodded weakly, recognizing the trouble he would face in disobeying his father's summons. Despite his apprehension, "I am sure," he affirmed, although his response concealed a trace of reluctance.

Yibo reassured him, "If anything occurs, just call us, okay? We'll clear our schedules and be ready to assist whenever you need us." He gently brushed aside the omega's bangs and planted a tender kiss on his forehead.

Looking up from his lowered gaze, Xiao Zhan's smile, though small, was sincere as he met the older alpha's eyes. "I will," he promised.

Xie Yi beamed fondly from the side and leaned in to kiss Xiao Zhan's temple. "Great. First, let's have breakfast before you prepare to leave," he suggested, then gently pulled the omega from his seat.

Xiao Zhan chuckled and allowed himself to be guided by the younger alpha, a warm feeling engulfing his heart, momentarily pushing away the cold dread. With the support of the two alphas' strong arms wrapped around his waist, they made their way to the dining table, ready to share a meal together before he had to face the uncertain situation at his father's house.

After their hearty breakfast, Xiao Zhan got himself ready with the loving assistance of his two alphas. They carefully scrubbed him clean and helped him dress, ensuring he was perfectly prepared for the day ahead.

As they all stood at the front door, ready to see him off, the act of his alphas bidding him goodbye felt incredibly domestic and warm. Xiao Zhan cherished this moment, wishing it could last forever. He held onto the hope that when he returned home, he would once again be welcomed with the same warmth and affection. A fond smile graced his lips as he took in the sight, his heart brimming with love and gratitude. This feeling was irreplaceable, and he treasured it above all else.

----------

A/N: The calm before the storm lmao hahahha anyways, I hope you like the update. Thank you for patiently waiting. Love lots <3