DT: Thirty-Five

"I'm happy to do business with you."

The older Xiao stood from his seat, extending his arm to LiYing whilst the latter retired with the same energy. 

"Please take care of my son," the older Xiao finally ended after retracting his arm, patting his suit from creases. 

The female-alpha grins, nodding her head politely, "I will, sir," she replies before the older alpha stands for the door, leaving the two by themselves. 

A sigh of relief left Xiao Zhan's lips when his father finally left the premises, which made LiYing turn her attention to him, a fond smile on her lips. 

"Oh, sorry. I did it instinctively. Just... Father is... well..." he utters, mumbling the rest as the female-alpha giggles.

She smiles sweetly, truly captivated at the adorableness of the omega, "I understand. I was like that too around my father. She's strict with me," she sympathizes. 

Xiao Zhan smiles timidly, "I guess we're just the same," he chuckles. It is rare to find someone he shares the experience with, or rather it's his first time meeting one.

"Can't be helped. Anyway..." she trails off, "It's almost lunch," she utters, checking his wristwatch before returning his attention to the omega. 

Xiao Zhan nods, not restraining his smile anymore, "Sure," he answers, standing up from his seat which the alpha followed delightfully.

"I've already reserved a place, a little bit far from here," she confesses which made Xiao Zhan chuckle.

"It's fine. We can ride our own cars?" he confirms.

She answers with a nod as they made their way to the ground parking lot of the building. 

.

As they are on their way, the road they were taking became more and more familiar, being led by the female-alpha. His speculations had been confirmed when they took a turn at a familiar parking lot beside a familiar diner. 

His heart warmed at the sight, the diner was packed as usual, but the alpha seemed to have no problem with how the place was full of people. 

"Do you eat at this kind of restaurant?" Xiao Zhan unknowingly asked, surprised at the alpha's choice of place. 

The alpha turns her attention to him, a grin on her face. "I have not yet tried this place but it looks warm. I love discovering new places and that does not limit me from fancy restaurants," she explains, "Plus, you don't look like you enjoy food at fancy places so I just guessed you wanted something like this?" she confesses.

Xiao Zhan was caught off guard by how observant the alpha was. How could she guess when they just met one time? Was it how he ate his food last time, or the mood he gave off? Whether the former or the latter, it kind of made his mood lighten. He nods at the alpha's utterance. 

"I do prefer this kind of place," he confesses which makes the alpha grin even wider. 

"Great!" She chirped, "I found it last time you in mind, so I immediately asked for their number and reserved a seat during lunch since they looked like they were packed when it's lunchtime," she continued. 

Xiao Zhan felt his cheeks warmth from her thoughtfulness, "Well, you picked a great choice. I'm a frequent here actually," he confesses.

The alpha found it amusing, because who would have thought that she picked a place where the Xiao Zhan frequents? But partly surprised that the omega is not like any other omegas who grew up fed with a golden spoon.

"I'm glad that I did. Anyway, shall we?" she asked as she takes the lead. 

Xiao Zhan only chuckles, following after her as they enter the packed dining place. 

.

They are seated at the table she reserved, food set on their table served piping hot.

A wide smile and pride decorate her face, somehow internally salivating by the look for the delicacies in front of them. 

Xiao Zhan can't help but strain a giggle from the sight, as he can see how the alpha tries her best to stop herself from attacking the food before him. He wanted to tease her and make her wait to see the alpha's reaction, but he refrained. Maybe he'll do it next time, he can feel his insides grumble from hunger the longer he stares at the food on the table. 

"You must be hungry since you have not touched any food from your father's office," the alpha suddenly remarked, bringing his attention back to her.

He smiled sheepishly, "I'm a little famished I must say," he confessed.

She chuckles fondly at the adorableness of the omega, she nods, agreeing with him, "I  too. Watching them serve these foods made my stomach forget that I ate at the office," she jokingly replied.

They both chuckled for a good second before grabbing their spoons and forks and started eating.

.

The food was nothing luxurious like the food in high-end restaurants, rather, a simple and nostalgic taste of home-cooked meals. The taste that you want to come home to. Besides the excellent food, it creates an opportunity to open conversations.

"This is the second time we met," Xiao Zhan suddenly spoke after swallowing down a spoonful. 

LiYing looked his way, mouth busy chewing down a spoonful, she smiled with a nod as a reply as she intently gave her attention to the omega.

"The first time, I have not yet told you the reason or how shall we do this whole situation we are trapped in," he added, partially hesitating if he should tell the female-alpha about his situation or if he should trust the alpha with his secret. 

Nonetheless, he trusted his guts, spilling out the truth might get him out of his crisis.

"I don't really agree with this arranged marriage shit my father put me through," he started. "I... I well-- I'm in a relationship," he confessed, setting aside the hesitation.

The alpha felt a  small pang in her heart after hearing what the omega confessed, yet she remained silent and masked the tinge with curiosity, her utensils stopped from filling.

"...and I don't think he will accept my decision," he added, he chuckles painfully, "In the first place, my decision to take education in college was a secret while I'm taking business management at the same time until I graduated having both degrees and mother eventually found out," he huffs sadly, "I was almost kicked out but seeing that I'm the only son, they can't seem to do it so they accepted eventually but with conditions," he explained. 

The alpha was amused at the omega's circumstances, never had she imagined living a life that straining. She already finds her father strict at some point in her life but she was able to enjoy life with things she likes. 

Completely forgetting about him being in a relationship, she smiles with sympathy, "I'll help you in whatever way," she declares.

The omega looked up at her, hope filled his eyes in the process, "Really?" he beamed. 

The alpha mentally noted to protect the blinding gleam of the omega's smile, she nodded sincerely, "Yes, of course," she reassured. 

"Thank you so much!" he replied cheerfully, "Me and my boyfriends owe you a lot for this," she chimed. 

For a second, the tinge of pain struck once again, 'Right, he's in a relationship,' she mentally note. But seeing the omega smile widely, opposite of what he portrays in formal gatherings, makes her want to make him stay that way. She nods despite the little hurt. 

They continued eating, now enjoying the food with ease, the small tension that was filling the atmosphere between them disappeared.

----------------

A/N: I'm back once again! Sorry for taking up too long to update. I was in the middle of burnt out and I can't seem to get a grasp on formulating my words. I was mentally struggling with life now that I finished my degree, I can't think of where should I start. I'm still lost, lmao. Anyways, thank you for waiting. Thank you for understanding my circumstances. I'll try my best to update as much as I can. Thank you once again! I hope you are always there for me. Love lots, everyone! <3